While many business needs can be met in multiple ways with Event Manager, there is generally a "best way" to accomplish goals. .
Q: How do I establish multiple prices for primary registration?There are two options to achieve multiple price points for registration using either full registration or simple registration.
- Full registration: Create a partial payment as the "Registration" price and then provide add-on options to complete the registration and set the price desired. See the full registration page for configuration instructions using this method.
- Simple registration: achieve multiple selectable prices with honor-based pricing. See the simple registration page for configuration instructions using this method.
Q: What is the best way to print badges?
The best path to printing badges is to produce a spreadsheet for badge printing and then perform a standard mail merge. A report makes this easy - the Registrant Info – Registrant Class Report. Use this report to build a simple report of only the columns you want to use on the badges, then download the report. Utilize the resulting spreadsheet for building badges through a mail merge in MS Word or other badge-building software.
Q: How do I change Sessions for a registrant?
Access the Registrant Roster report and take the following steps:
- Find the name of the registrant whose Session registrations you would like to change (sort the list by alpha by clicking on the Registrant Name column header if necessary).
- When you find that registrant in the report click the "sessions" link at far right.
- You will be able to change the sessions on the following page. Complete the steps indicated.
Q: How do I substitute (transfer) a registration?
This is simple - if the user you are switching the registration to has an active record.
- Verify the person you are switching the registrant to has an active record in the system. Look in the AMS or otherwise confirm.
- Access the Registrant Roster for the event.
- Find the name of the initial registrant (sort the list by alpha by clicking on the Registrant Name column header if necessary).
- When you find that registrant in the report click the "substitute" link at far right.
- You will be able to perform the substitution on the following page. Complete the steps indicated.
Q: How do I provide complimentary registrations?
Take the following steps to achieve complimentary registrations. The Event Type must support complex registrations. All users for whom you wish to register for free must have user accounts.
- Establish a Registrant Class called "Complimentary". Perform this on the Manage Registrant Classes page of CCAdmin site. You can assign a Security Group to this Registrant Class if desired.
- Establish a Price of $0 for the Complimentary Registrant Class. Do this by adding a price to the "primary registration" Registration Option through the Add/Edit Event page. (See the above on Establishing Multiple Prices for Primary Registration for more information as needed).
- Access the Manage Events page. This is in the CCAdmin site or on a user-facing Microsite. At the far right, under Actions, click the "special" link.
- Search for the Registrant. The Special Registrants page allows you to establish a Registrant Class for any user regardless of what is in the AMS. Access the user who you want to provide complimentary registration for via search.
- Select "Complimentary" for the user listed following the search, then click "save". The user will be allowed to register as a member of the "Complimentary" Registrant Class.
- Return to the main Event Description page or any page where you can access the "Register Now" links.
- Click Register now. On the first page of the Registration Wizard unclick the Radio Button for Are you registering yourself for this HUG Meeting. Then click the radio button for Are you registering others for this HUG Meeting. Then continue.
- Complete all steps of the registration, completing the registration options and sessions as you desire.
- Verify the registration completed by reviewing your Event Reports.
- Send an email to the registrant confirming their registration (this will not occur automatically). Include a link to the "My Registrations" page in the email so the registrant can see the selections made.
Q: How do I copy an event?
Access the Manage Events page. The link to "copy" is at the far right for each event. Use the "copy" link and take the following steps
- Re-title the event. At a minimum, remove "copy" from the title field
- Change the dates to add unique dates as needed.
- Add Registration Options. These are not copied.
- Change registration early/normal/late dates as needed.
- Turn on registration as needed.
Inspect all changes and perform a test registration when done.