This configuration overview is not intended or sufficient to perform the install of the product and serves only as an overview.
Main Site Pages
Volunteer Manager requires the following pages be established on the main website.
page code: volunteeropportunities
The Volunteer Page shows all available volunteer opportunities. Its baseline configuration is to be placed under the ‘Participate’ menu in the main site navigation. It then serves as the parent for most other Volunteer pages (excepting the Volunteer Profile page). From this page, super and volunteer admins view and create volunteer opportunities through the front-end User Interface. New opportunities are created by clicking the ‘create opportunity’ button.
The Volunteer page has a single content item, using the MVC Action control: Directory:VolunteerAdmin:VolunteerOpportunitiesPublic. Configuration includes a parameter to determine the message when the list has no content, such as NoDataText="There are no opportunities associated with this community."
Become a Volunteer
page code: become-a-volunteer
This page has no user-facing content. Its purpose is to add all users to the volunteer pool and then route them to a specified page. Users generally come to this page via an email marketing link or a "Join the Volunteer Pool" link in web content.
The Become a Volunteer page has a single content item, using the User Control: ds:VolunteerPoolJoin. Configuration includes a parameter to determine the page the user is routed to, generally ForwardToPageCode="ivolunteer"
Welcome to Volunteering!page code: ivolunteer
Users come to this page following their addition to the volunteer pool. From here, the user is prompted to complete the volunteer profile and review the volunteer opportunities list. This page contains only HTML Content Items providing links to the opportunity list and volunteer profile. Clients are encouraged to update this content with their imagery and branding if desired.
Volunteer Opportunity Detailspage code: volunteer-opportunity-details
This is the opportunity detail page where users see the full information about an opportunity, sign up for the opportunity, and/or nominate other users for the opportunity. This page displays the opportunity-specific information, including: start date, location, number of volunteers needed (spots available), and point of contact. Admins can also edit individual opportunities from this page. When attributed to a Community, the opportunity-specific information will display on the Volunteer Opportunities Community Tab.
The CMS page configuration for the Volunteer Opportunity Details page includes three Content Items:
- A User Control Content Item utilizing ds:VolunteerTitle displays the name of the opportunity at page top.
- The Community Tabs are displayed (when required) by Syndicated Content Item referencing the communitytabswithadmin page code on the main site.
- An MVC Action Content Item using Directory:VolunteerAdmin:VolunteerOpportunityDetails provides the core volunteer opportunity information and functionality.
Create Volunteer Opportunitypage code: create-volunteer-opportunity
This page provides the front end user interface where individual volunteer opportunities can be created. The configuration utilizes a single Content Item of type MVC Action using the Directory:VolunteerAdmin:VolunteerOpportunityCreate control.
page code: opportunities-list-public
Like the Volunteer page, this page shows all available volunteer opportunities. From this page, super and volunteer admins view and create volunteer opportunities through the front-end User Interface. New opportunities are created by clicking the ‘create opportunity’ button.
The Volunteer Opportunities page has the identical configuration to the Volunteer page. It has a single content item, using the MVC Action control: Directory:VolunteerAdmin:VolunteerOpportunitiesPublic. Configuration includes a parameter to determine the message when the list has no content, such as NoDataText="There are no opportunities associated with this community."
page code: volunteerleaderboard
This optional page can be omitted. The display of the leaderboard can be achieved by a Content Item on this page or via a content item on another page, such as the homepage. This page has a single Content Item, using MVC Action control Directory:VolunteerAdmin:VolunteerLeaderboard to displays volunteers according to the number of points achieved. The ‘Volunteer Today!’ button is also presented, prompting users to participate in the volunteer program.
page code: volunteerinfo
The Volunteer Profile is an extension of the user’s community profile. On this page the user can add and edit a volunteering-specific bio, indicate willingness to travel to opportunities, include past volunteer and relevant career experience and also complete any volunteering-specific profile demographics. Once the volunteer has completed opportunities, they will also be shown on this page.
This page will be configured to reflect consistency with the primary user profile. The following unique content items will be configured on this page along with core profile content items, particularly Profile Base (page code profilebase).
- Volunteer Bio displayed through MVC Action control Directory:VolunteerProfile:VolunteerBio
- Volunteer Travel Preferences displayed through MVC Action control: Directory:VolunteerProfile:MyTravelPreference
- Volunteer Experience displayed through MVC Action control: Directory:VolunteerProfile:MyVolunteerExperience
- Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities the user has or can apply to volunteer for are displayed through MVC Action control Directory:VolunteerProfile:MyVolunteerOpportunities
- Completed Volunteer Opportunities and external volunteer activity displayed through MVC Action control: Directory:VolunteerProfile:MyVolunteerHistory
- Volunteer-specific demographics can be displayed and edited by one or more Content Items using User Control ds:ContactDemographicEdit
For clients who have multiple websites, the following pages should be included across all sites. These pages should only include a syndicated content item referencing the relevant page code from the main site.
- Volunteer - page code: volunteeropportunities
- Become a Volunteer - page code: become-a-volunteer
- Welcome to Volunteering! - page code: ivolunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity Details - page code: volunteer-opportunity-details
- Create Volunteer Opportunity - page code: create-volunteer-opportunity
- Volunteer Opportunities - page code: opportunities-list-public
- Volunteer Profile - page code: volunteerinfo