The user control for community list presentation is ds:GroupsDashboard. A number of pages utilize this user control, including the All Communities page with pagecode allcommunities and the Profile>Connections>Communities page with page code communitiesnode that displays the communities for specific users.
Community lists displayed with ds:GroupsDashboard have the following characteristics:
- Security: Users can see only the communities they are members of or have view privileges to see. Communities where the user does not achieve the "Who Can View Your Community?" status set on the Edit Community Settings page will not appear on the list. See the Community Access Permissions page for more information.
- Primary Action Buttons: Users are prompted to Join the communities they can join and enter the communities they cannot join but can access.
- Overview Counts: The most important information about the Community - the number of members, posts, and library entries - is presented for each community.
- Filters: Multiple filters to aid user exploration can be presented at top of the community list (these can be disabled by configuration).
- Community Access: Users are prompted to explore more deeply by entering the community environment. This can either be the community microsite or the community landing page and its tabbed environment.
- Status: Community Admin and Member status is displayed on the community list.
- Configurable Characteristics: Many aspects and elements of the list, such as the number of communities displayed at initial page load and the community descriptions, can be set to not show or be specifically configured.
Common ConfigurationsThe ds:GroupsDashboard user control is highly configurable. The three primary filters display the options for what the control can display at page load. Further, the filters and elements of the display can be set to not show, offering a "clean list" of communities. This experience is pre-configured for the Profile Communities list - it shows a list of communities that the user is a member of and does not provide filters to change this view.
The following list displays can be achieved by configuration:
- Communities of a particular Community Type
- Communities of multiple, but not all, Community Types
- Community sort by activity level
- User-dynamic Community lists to show each user the
- Communities they belong to
- Communities they can join
- Communities they can only view
Where do you find the CommunityTypeKey parameter? Often, using the All Communities page is the easiest method to identify parameter values desired. Use the list filters to see the list reflecting the page you want to create. The URL will update with your selections, and the parameters desired can be copied from the URL. Addition of quotes marks is often all that is needed for proper parameter format in the content item editor.
Apply the following parameters separately or in combination to achieve the list experience desired.
DisplayBy=" "Achieve initial display based on user relationship to communities via numeric inputs of 0 to 5
- DisplayBy="0" Communities to which I belong
- DisplayBy="1" Communities I can join
- DisplayBy="2" Communities I can only view
- DisplayBy="3" All Communities
- DisplayBy="4" Communities to which I belong or can join
OrderBy=" "Determine order of initial display based on characteristics or content of communities via numeric inputs of 0 to 11
- OrderBy="0" Alphabetical
- OrderBy="1" Most recently updated
- OrderBy="2" Most active
- OrderBy="3" Most people (members)
- OrderBy="4" Most discussion posts
- OrderBy="5" Most library entries
- OrderBy="6" Reverse alphabetical
- OrderBy="7" Least recently updated
- OrderBy="8" Least active
- OrderBy="9" Fewest people
- OrderBy="10" Fewest discussion posts
- OrderBy="11" Fewest library entries
CommunityKey=" "Display a single community via a single CommunityKey GUID
CommunityKeys=" "Display multiple specific communities via multiple CommunityKey inputs separated by a pipe “|”
CommunityType=" "Display the communities of a single community type via a single CommunityTypeKey GUID
CommunityTypeKeyList=" "Display the communities of a subset of community types via multiple CommunityTypeKey inputs separated by a pipe “|”
DescriptionLength=" "Determine the length, in characters of text, of the community description displayed for each community. DescriptionLength="30" will make the maximum length of a community description 30 characters.
PageSizeDefault=" "Determine the number of communities displayed at the initial page load via inputs of "20", "50" or "all".
HideSearchBox=" "Allows hide of the search box (default is to show). HideSearchBox="true" hides the search box.
HideCommunityTypeFilter=" "Allows hide of the Community Type Filter (default is to show). HideCommunityTypeFilter="true" hides the community type filter.
HideDisplayBy=" "Allows hide of the user relationship filter (default is to show). HideDisplayBy="true" hides the user relationship filter.
Allows hide of the Community Descriptions. HideCommunityDescriptions="true" hides the Community Descriptions.
Allows hide of the gray Community Status pill by HideCommunityStatus"True"
Allows hide of last user to join informational element by HideCommunityLastJoined="True"
Allows hide of last button to access the community by HideCommunityEnterJoin="True"
Allows hide of small informational elements for discussion posts, library entries and users by
HideCommunityViewMicrosite = " "
Allows hide of the "view community microsite" buttons by HideCommunityViewMicrosite = "True"