Email Community MembersSuper Admins can allow Community Admins to send an email to their community members.
To enable this functionality, Super Admins should complete the following steps:
1. Navigate to Admin > Communities > Community Type > Community Emails to enable the functionality per community type:
2. Navigate to Admin > Communities > Email Templates and select "Community Messages" category. Super Admins can edit the Community Bulk Email email template. Please do not delete this email template or the required email variables, [CommunityAdminMessage] [CommunityAdminHyperlinks].
- The [CommunityAdminMessage] variable will be populated with the Community Admin's custom message, if applicable.
- The [CommunityAdminHyperlinks] variable will be populated with hyperlinks to uploaded files, if applicable.
The Email Community Members interface will display the following:
1. To line - The To line will show how many community members the email will be sent to. If a community member has opted out of emails with the Opt Out Group of "Community", these users will not be sent the community email. Please click on the hyperlinked text to view a modal with the users' information.
2. Subject line - The Subject line will be pre-populated, but admins can edit this text. The Subject line will appear as the subject line of the email sent to the community members. This field is required.
3. Message - Admins can add text in the Message field. This text will populate the [CommunityAdminMessage] variable in the body of the email template sent to community members. This field is required.
4. Attach - Admins can attach files to the email. The [CommunityAdminHyperlinks] variable in the email template will be populated by hyperlinks to the uploaded files.
5. Preview Email - Once all the required fields have been completed, admins can preview the community email.
6. Send Email - Once all the required fields have been completed, admins can send the community email.
Additional Functionality - Clients licensed for Component ManagerIn addition to the baseline functionality listed above, clients who licensed Component Manager will have the following additional functionality:
1. Super Admins can limit the number of emails a community admins can send per month, allow meeting invites, or allow attachments.
2. Super Admins can define segments of community members that the community email can be sent to.
3. Super Admins can create new email templates and determine which email template to use for the community email.
To configure this functionality, Super Admins should complete the following steps:
1. Navigate to Admin > Communities > Community Type to enable per community type:
- The limit is the specified multiple of the number of community members. For example, if there are 100 community members and the multiple specified is 5, the max number of community emails per month is 500.
- Super Admins can also specify if they would like to allow the last community email to exceed the maximum by a percentage.
2. Navigate to Admin > Communities > Email Templates and select "Community Message" category to create new email templates the Community Admins can send. It is required to include the [CommunityAdminMessage] and [CommunityAdminHyperlinks] variables in the new email templates in order for the functionality to work correctly. These variables will be populated with the Community Admin's custom message and hyperlinks to uploaded files, respectively.
3. Navigate to Admin > Tools > Data Source and select "Community Email Segment" from the dropdown to create "data sources" or pre-defined rules for whom and which email template to use per community type.
- Create a new data source by clicking on the "New Data Source" button.
- Indicate which community type this data source will be available to.
- Set the email template that should be used for this data source.
- Configure a subset of community members that a community admins can choose from in the To line of the community email using criteria.
A Super Admins can configure a data source like:
"Allow [Chapter] community admins to send the [Community Bulk Email] email to their community members who [is a member]":
Please give the Data Source a descriptive name as this will help community admins understand who the To line will target (e.g. "Community Members who are isMember")
Once the Super Admin has completed all the steps above, the Community Admin experience is as follows:
1. The Community Admin of a Chapter community will see the data source, "Community Members who are isMember", as an option in the To Line:
- The community email will use the "Community Bulk Email" email template and will be sent to community members who are isMembers.
- The Community Admin can add a custom message to include in the community email that will populate the [CommunityAdminMessage] variable in the email template.
- The Community Admin is encouraged to preview the email before sending to view how the email will look with their Community Admin message and files.
3. If configured, the Community Admin can attach meeting invites (ICS files) for existing community events and/or volunteer opportunities or create their own. Note: Only volunteer opportunities with an end date can be selected. Open-ended opportunities will not appear in the list.)
4. If configured, the Community Admin can upload files and will populate the [CommunityAdminHyperlinks] variable in the affiliated email template.
Once the community email has been sent, the system will subtract the number of sent community emails from the specified maximum emails per month.