Data integration description
This article provides information for the Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Professional (Thrive Marketing Professional) integration for iMIS.
NOTE: This article and the integration version update are applicable to iMIS, versions 20.3 and above.
Contact synchronization (sync)
Your Target Groups can synchronize in three ways.
- Navigate to Contacts > Groups and select Info from a Target Group's hover menu to trigger a manual sync.
- At the time of publish, the Target Group will refresh before the message sends.
- If a Target Group is used as part of a campaign, it will resync hourly.
Thrive Marketing Professional syncs lists from IQAs in the Higher Logic > MailingLists folder ("$/HigherLogic/MailingLists"). For an IQA to be available to the integration, it must:
- Return at least one active record,
- Have security settings set to Share Everyone (Full Control),
- Have its Display tab return PartyID (or a different field that contains the iMIS ID) with an alias of ID, and
- Have all prompts set to No.
Higher Logic will provide an installable package with the business objects and IQAs used by the integration. This package includes the templates for common marketing lists and to target panel fields for custom personalizations.
Default Personalizations - every Contact that is added to your Thrive Marketing Professional account via a sync with your iMIS database will default to the following fields.
|Higher Logic Contact Field||IQA Field Name|
Custom personalization/demographic sync
You can also personalize on additional fields in iMIS. Higher Logic syncs Panel fields by calling an IQA.
- Higher Logic will define a template for the IQA as part of the package it provides.
- You can modify the template in order to make available for personalization the custom fields for your contacts.
Higher Logic syncs Panel fields nightly by calling the IQA.
Higher Logic allows mail recipients to manage their communication preferences in iMIS.
- A preference token link will be pulled from iMIS.
- Users can access their preferences with that token.
The iMIS preference Token is synced as a personalization field name iMISv2 - Token.
This can then be used to create Preference management page links to be shared with users. This way, mail recipients will not have to login to provide their preferences.
A Communication Preferences page may have to be set up in iMIS first, if you not already done. The settings on the widget may also have to be changed to 'everyone read' to make it visible.
The URL to build in the mailing templates for the IPM page will look like :
Higher Logic writes the following Thrive Marketing Professional activities to the iMIS Activity table (Activity Type "HLOGIC").
- Bad Email - when a subscriber with a "bad" email address is added to the system; for example, two @ symbols, a double .com
- Landing Page Submit - when a user has submitted a landing page form
- Unsubscribe - a global unsubscribe from all messages
- Resubscribe - when a user resubscribes after having unsubscribed (this must be in the same system as the unsubscribe)
- Web Tracking Page Visit - when a page visit is tracked by web tracking
- Mail Sent - when a message is sent
- Mail Open - when a message is opened
- Link Click - when a link is clicked