Workflow Rules are slowly being deprecated in Salesforce. In this article, you'll learn about the conversion of existing Workflow Rules that are used to update the HL_Mod_Date custom field on Contact/Account for the Community Periodic Sync to Flows.
Click here to learn more.
Follow the steps below in Salesforce to make this conversion:
- Navigate to Setup.
- From the left menu, navigate to Process Automation > Migrate to Flow or search for Migrate to Flow in the Quick Find search field.
- From the list, select the Workflow Rule you want to convert (in this case, the one that updates the HL_Mod_Date__c field on the Contact or Account object), and then click Migrate to Flow.
- After the migration is complete:
- Confirm the process type of the new SF Flow is Autolaunched/Record-Triggered Flow.
- Switch your Workflow Rule and flow activations (deactivate your Workflow Rule and activate your flow).
- You can also confirm if your new SF Flow is active by going to Object Manager > Contact or Account > Flow Triggers.
- Test by making updates to one of the fields listed in the Formula on Flow’s configuration page and see if the HL_Mod_Date__c is getting updated to Now() or your SF instance's current date and time.
- To get to Flow’s configuration:
Navigate to Process Automation > Flows, and then click the Flow (this will open the flow builder in a new browser window or tab).
- On the configuration page, you can also view or update the conditions/formula for the trigger.