If your community site is using the Smart Newsletter feature, you can visit its dedicated Reports page of "sent" and "opened" metrics for each Smart Newsletter.
AVAILABILITY: The Smart Newsletter feature is available to ALL customers. To have it enabled in your account, create a case with our Customer Support Team.
NOTE: The Smart Newsletter feature is not available in Canada.
The report is organized chronologically by the date of the latest Smart Newsletter, and the report can be downloaded and saved as a .CSV file to share with colleagues.
TIP: The name of each downloaded report, SmartNewsletterTracking, is appended with the date of the download, as in SmartNewsletterTracking_2023_1_18.csv.
Access your Smart Newsletter report
To access your Smart Newsletter report:
- In the Admin Toolbar, click Admin.
- Navigate to Email > Smart Newsletter > Reports.
The report displays on the page.
- Date Sent - the date and time that the Smart Newsletter was sent.
- Sent Count - the number of recipients the Smart Newsletter was sent to.
- Open Count - the number of recipients who opened the Smart Newsletter.
- Open Rate - the percentage of recipients who opened the Smart Newsletter (as compared to the number it was sent to).
Download the Smart Newsletter report
You can download the Smart Newsletter report (in .CSV format) and save it to a device.
To download the report:
- Click the down arrow to the right of the page title.
- Navigate to where you want to store the report file and save it.
TIP: Navigate to the saved file and review it before leaving the report page.
Smart Newsletter report contents
The .CSV file of the report contains the same data as that which displays on the page in the Admin interface. In the report file, however, you can customize the report to suit your needs. For example, you can:
- move columns and rows
- delete columns and rows
- rename column headers (e.g., in the following image, column A, Date Sent, was renamed Sent On)