Thrive Commerce is an optional module for Higher Logic Thrive Community customers. With it, you can integrate your Shopify storefront with your Thrive Community, allowing you to then embed products from your Shopify storefront into your community. This integration enables you to expand the reach of your products to an entire new group of people: your community members.
How does it work?
- You are responsible for setting up and managing your Shopify store. Refer to the Managing your Shopify storefront below to learn more.
- Higher Logic will help you set up one or more storefront pages within your Thrive Community, and provide best practices for managing the products in that store.
- You can create products with different pricing, and configure them to display or not display based on membership type or level (as defined by a mapped Security Group).
- You can embed your store or products where you choose in your community.
- The Thrive Commerce integration allows you to meet several major use cases for eCommerce: digital downloads, physical product sales, and ad/sponsorships.
Managing your Shopify storefront
For help managing your Shopify storefront, please refer to their extensive documentation:
NOTE: When using Thrive Commerce, it's typically advised not to sell your products in both your Thrive Community and your Shopify store. Why? In your Thrive Community, you can set different prices for your products based on a user's membership level and control who can see them. This type of control is not possible in Shopify.