If you're using a vendor to supply the cookie banner for your Higher Logic community, you may want to run a cookie scan to help maintain proper compliance (a scan will typically find all of the cookies being used in your community, and help classify and identify them).
You can perform periodic cookie scanning of your Higher Logic community using your cookie vendor's scanning tool. Define a cadence that best suits your community, such as bi-weekly, monthly, or after making changes to your community.
Acceptable Use Policy
Prior to running a cookie scan, refer to section 18 of our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP):
“Overwhelming or attempting to overwhelm our infrastructure by imposing an unreasonably large load on Service Provider’s or its third-party providers’ systems that consume extraordinary resources (CPUs, memory, disk space, bandwidth,), such as:
- Using “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” or other automated systems to send more request messages to our servers than a human could reasonably send in the same period by using a normal browser.
- Going far beyond the use parameters for any given Software Service as described in its corresponding documentation. “
- Cookie scans that request more than one page per six seconds or more than 10 pages per minute may be blocked.
- Making more than one request per second would be considered a violation of our AUP.
- If a scan is blocked even when following these considerations, Create a case with our Support Team.