It’s important to review the security settings in your IMIS instance for the IQA package that facilitates the integration between Higher Logic and iMIS EMS.
- For example, you should carefully review the configuration settings for the Demographic and Contacts IQAs (which may include PII) to ensure the proper permissions are in place and that your data is protected. We recommend this setting be configured to "Advanced: Administrator Full Control" so that only accounts with full administrator access can run the IQA via the API. If you make a change, ensure that the account that Higher Logic has been provided retains access.
- You may also want to consider setting your mailing list IQAs to the same permission. Just note that by using the recommended security setting of “Advanced: Administrator Full Control”, only Super Admins will be able to update or run those IQAs in your iMIS instance and your marketing staff may not have the appropriate access.
Before we begin...
NOTE: For more information from iMIS about IQA, check out this official iMIS resource.
NOTE: Higher Logic can help you with any questions specific to the Higher Logic integration but more detailed questions about IQAs may need to be referred to the ASI team.
Review and update the IQA permissions
- Log in to your iMIS instance.
- On the Staff page, navigate to RISE > Intelligent Query Architect.
- Locate the HigherLogic folder.
- Inside the HigherLogic folder are folders for each set of IQAs:
- In the Contacts folder, select the Contacts IQA and open.
- On the Security tab, change the Access Mode to Administrators Full Control.
- Do the same for each IQA in the CustomDemographics folder.
NOTE: CustomDemographic IQAs do not contain PII by default, but your staff has likely mapped fields with PII to these demographics for use in the integration.
- Other IQAs do not contain PII by default, but should still be reviewed in case a staff member added other fields to them.
- Mailing lists should only return Contact ID - any other fields can be removed.
- GroupLists should only return the contact ID, group code, name, description and join/end dates.
- ValueLists should only return contact ID, event code and title.
- If other fields have been added, consider removing or changing permissions.