In this article, you'll learn how to use the Digest page to configure the default delivery settings for your site's:
- discussions-based Daily Digest email
- and the Daily and Weekly Consolidated Digest emails.
If you're not familiar with these two types of community notifications, check out Manage Your Community Notifications to learn more.
To access the Digest page:
- In the Admin Toolbar, click Admin.
- Navigate to Email > Discussions > Digest.
Manage digest delivery settings
By default, you'll be on the Digest Delivery page. If not, click the down arrow to the right of the page title and select Delivery.
Use the options on this page to set when your digest email will be sent.
TIP: For the Cutoff and Send times, click the clock icon to the right of the dropdown to select one of the on-the-hour or on-the-half-hour options or type a specific time right in the field.
- Time Zone - Your site's set time zone displays here. This is used when setting the delivery time of digest-based emails. To update your site's set time zone, date format, and time format, click General Setting. (You can also navigate to Admin > Settings > General.)
- Content Cutoff Time (required) - The daily cutoff time for content to be included in that day's digest (e.g., if set to 5 pm, content created after 5 pm will be included in the next day's digest).
- Time to Send Digest (required) - The time at which the digest will be compiled and sent.
TIP: Due to how these two fields work:
- The date in the Subject field (April 16, below) is determined by the cutoff time.
- The "send time" in the digest email (April 17, below) will be later than the date in the Subject field.
- Entries in the digest email could have either date, depending on when they were posted.
- Send Digest on Saturdays and Sundays - Check the box to control whether digests are sent on weekends. If not checked, the weekend content, as well as any content after the cutoff time on Friday, will be included in the Monday digest.
Send a test digest
The ability to send a test digest is useful for two reasons:
- You can send a test digest to yourself or another user to check the layout, content, and formatting of these emails.
- You can also resend a digest to one of your users if, for example, they didn't receive, or inadvertently deleted, the original.
To access this feature, click the down arrow to the right of the page title and select Send Test.
Use the options on this page to send a digest email. This feature works by allowing you to select one of your community's Discussions via the menu to send its latest digest.
- Discussion - Select any of your community discussions to send its latest associated digest. This field is required.
- Recipient Email - Specify the recipient's email address. This field is required and accepts one email address only.
- Start & End fields - Specify the date/time period for the content that is to be included in the digest. These fields are required. (Use the calendar and clock icons to the right of the dropdown. If a time is not selected, the current time will automatically be applied.)
- Digest / One Email - Choose to send a single digest email that contains all messages from the time period or a single email per digest message.
- HTML / Plain Text - Select whether to send the digest email as HTML or as plain text.
When ready, click Send.
- Learn how to manage your digest-email templates and enable/disable Daily and Weekly consolidated digests in Manage Email Digests.