The Digest page is where you configure the default delivery settings for your community's digest email messages. You can also send a test digest message from this page.
Manage digest delivery settings
To access the digest delivery settings:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Email > Discussions > Digest.
By default, you'll be on the Digest Delivery page. If not, click the down arrow to the right of the page title and select Delivery.
Use the options on this page to set when your community's digest email messages will be sent.
- Time Zone - The time zone that is set for your community site is displayed. This is used when setting the delivery time of digest email messages. To update your site's time zone, date format, and time format, click General Setting. (You can also navigate to Admin > Settings > General.)
- Content Cutoff Time - The daily cutoff time for content to be included in that day's digest (e.g., if set to 5 pm, content created after 5 pm each day won't be included). This field is required.
- Time to Send Digest - The send time controls when the digest will be assembled and mailed. This field is required.
TIP: For the Cutoff and Send times, click the clock icon to the right of the dropdown to select one of the on-the-hour or on-the-half-hour options or type a specific time right in the field.
- Send Digest on Saturdays and Sundays - Check the box to control whether digests are sent on weekends. If not checked, the weekend content, as well as any content after the cutoff time on Friday, will be included in the Monday digest.
NOTE: If you make any changes, be sure to click Save!
Send a test digest
You can send a test digest message to yourself or a to different community member to check the layout and content of the message. You can also resend a digest message to one of your users if, for example, they didn't receive, or inadvertently deleted the original digest message.
- Click the down arrow to the right of the page title and select Send Test.
Use the options on this page to send a test digest message or resend a digest message.
- Discussion - Select any of your community discussions to send its associated digest. This field is required.
- Recipient Email - Specify the recipient's email address. This field is required and accepts one email address only.
- Start & End fields - Specify the date/time period for the content that is to be included in the digest. These fields are required. (Use the calendar and clock icons to the right of the dropdown. If a time is not selected, the current time will automatically be applied.)
- Digest / One Email - Choose to send a single digest message that contains all messages from the time period or a single email per digest message.
- HTML / Plain Text - Select whether to send the digest email message as HTML or as plain text.
When ready, click Send.
- Learn how to manage your digest-email templates and enable/disable Daily and Weekly consolidated digests in Manage Email Digests.