This article describes the preliminary steps and recommended approaches for integrating with Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Professional (Thrive Marketing Professional).
This article assumes that you, as a partner's developer, have a working knowledge of:
- web services
Set up your environment
These are the steps to set up your environment to work with Thrive Marketing Professional.
- Ensure that your firewall will allow a connection to Thrive Marketing Professional's web service at one of the following IP addresses.
- US: 220.127.116.11 /29 (255.255.255.248)
- Canada: 18.104.22.168 /29 (22.214.171.124 through 126.96.36.199)
- Provide Higher Logic with a list or range of IP addresses that your API requests will originate from.
We will add them to a list of allowed IP addresses during the brand-creation process.
- Provide Higher Logic with the email address, username, and password you want associated with the API user for the account.
- Request the brand ID and brand name of your Thrive Marketing Professional account.
- Decide whether you will employ encryption.
- If no, a user name and password will be established in your brand.
- If yes, Higher Logic will provide you with an encryption key.
Higher Logic provides you with the following information which is to be used with your set up/calls.
NOTE: The values in bold are examples; do not use these values.
- <Brand id="1234">My Brand</Brand>
- URL for logging in to partnertest
Test your work
You can test your work via our public interface at https://partnertest.informz.net/aapi/InformzService.svc.
Alternatively, upon request, Higher Logic can furnish a stand-alone application with which you can feed XML calls directly into your parntertest account in order to test your calls, independent of the web service and other development work.
Move to production
After development and testing are complete, the final step is to move the work to production. To do this:
- Change the endpoint URL to point to the appropriate location:
- US: https://partner.informz.net/aapi/InformzService.svc (rather than partnertest)
- Canada: https://partner.informz.ca/aapi/InformzService.svc
- Create a user account in Thrive Marketing Professional if this is different than what was used during development. This can be done either by a single Thrive Marketing Professional account used for all calls or existing user credentials being passed in to support auditing of the messages.