The Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Professional (Thrive Marketing Professional) integration gathers data that contain email addresses from another system. The data are synced between Thrive Marketing Professional and Association Anywhere so that the right information is where it needs to be. The primary vehicles for making data in Association Anywhere visible to Thrive Marketing Professional are Distribution Lists.
Association Anywhere has tools that are used to create lists of email recipients.
A list must be set as public, and then be assigned a category of External System and a subcategory of Informz so that Thrive Marketing Professional can access it.
Thrive Marketing Professional requests email recipients from a list in Association Anywhere.
Each time these recipients are requested, Association Anywhere reruns the query in order to ensure that Thrive Marketing Professional gets the most current list with which to build a target group.
Distribution lists notes
- Distribution list queries will not add any customers without an email address or who are opted out in Association Anywhere.
- Distribution lists cannot be deleted. Clicking Delete simply shows the list as expired (the end date set as the current date) and makes the list inactive. These deactivated lists are deleted in Thrive Marketing Professional, so only active lists are shown as target groups in Thrive Marketing Professional.
- Distribution lists that have been used in previous mailings have inherent historical data, and any attempt to delete those lists could result in referential constraint violations. This is why Association Anywhere only allows a list to be made inactive/expired as opposed to being deleted.
- The distribution list uses the global preferred email address by default. If the customer has a preferred email address for a specific category/subcategory combination, that email address is presented to Thrive Marketing Professional.
- Distribution lists can be created to include only individuals who want to receive emails for category/subcategory Chapter Updates/Chapter Events.
- Clients who are not comfortable with creating SQL for a distribution list can contact ACGI’s support team for assistance in creating the SQL.
Association Anywhere folder
Newly created distribution lists coming into Thrive Marketing Professional as target groups are initially placed in the Association Anywhere folder. These can later be moved to different folders.