Communications Professional can integrate with a variety of external databases — and how Communications Professional target groups get synchronized with one of these external databases also varies. Your synchronization method will depend on your integration.
NOTE: Keeping your target groups synchronized with your integration database is critical.
In Communications Professional, there are a few ways that a synchronization with an integration database gets triggered.
The following events cause a synchronization with an integration database; target groups get automatically synced as a result.
- Sync on Publish - Publishing a mailing to an integration target group (or a compound target group that contains an integration target group).
- Manual Sync - Manually syncing individual integration target groups through Communications Professional.
- Nightly Sync - Nightly syncs include all integration target groups that were:
- created in the past seven days and
- included in a mailing in the past 90 days.
- Daily Interest Sync - Daily interest list sync.
NOTE: These events are not applicable to all integrations. Refer to the next section for information about your integration.
Sync events by integration
The table below indicates which synchronization events apply to each integration.
|Integration||Sync on Publish||Manual Sync||Nightly Sync||Daily Interest Sync|
|netFORUM Enterprise (2011 & 2013)|
|netFORUM Enterprise (2014 & later)|