The GoToWebinar integration lets you connect Marketing Automation Professional (MA Professional) with GoToWebinar web conferences. Let's take a look at the core features and functionality associated with this integration.
How it works
For a webinar found in MA Professional, MA Professional can:
- Retrieve all webinar participants (the GoToWebinar term for registrants/attendees) from GoToWebinar and determine the attendance status for each.
- Insert all participants into the webinar_participant table with the appropriate attended/not attended status.
- Registrants are all contacts (formerly, subscribers) in the webinar_participant table, regardless of participant status.
- Participant attendance information is recorded in the webinar_participant_status_id column.
Through webinar integrations, you can:
- Import and synchronize webinars, periodically and on-demand.
- Sync webinar participants through the MA Professional UI or automatically when a mailing is sent.
- Automatically create target groups for each webinar. Target groups are created and synced for all webinars created by all organizers (organizers must be marked as active in Informz - see below).
- Associate webinar organizer accounts with an Informz account.
Access Webinar integrations
In the legacy Informz interface, navigate to Admin > Setup > Webinar Integrations.
In the MA Professional New Admin Experience interface, navigate to Settings > Setup > Webinar Integrations.
There are several options on the Webinar Integration Settings page.
- Active - Check to ensure that the connection is active.
- Target Group Folder - Select a folder for any target groups generated with the webinar.
- Displayed Time Zone - Select the session time zone. See Time zones below.
- Organizers - Lists all organizers. Check Active to ensure that the organizer is considered active (this is important for syncing target groups). Click Actions to open a dialog where you can modify the organizer credentials.
- Add Organizer - Click to add an organizer. See Add organizers below.
- Test Connection - Click to validate that each organizer account exists.
Organizer credentials dialog
The time zone that is specified in the setup screen is used for the date and time shown in target group names. The time zone setting does not alter mailing times or any other time-based functions in MA Professional. Changing the webinar time zone setting does not alter the names of existing webinar target groups, but it will affect target groups that are created after the change. The default time zone is Eastern Time (US & Canada).
You cannot delete an organizer; rather, you must deactivate the organizer to prevent further account syncing. Target groups for deactivated organizers will not be deleted. If the organizer is reactivated, syncing will resume.
You can change an organizer’s email address and password. If doing this directly through GoToWebinar (where the user email was changed in GoToWebinar), and is in turn changed in MA Professional, the organizer will remain active.
Any credentials that link GoToWebinar with Informz are associated with a GoToWebinar account. The integration supports multiple organizer accounts, each identified by a user name and password.
Saving credentials for an organizer initiates a complete sync of the webinars by that organizer. The initial sync is queued, and it will be processed with any other webinar syncs that may be running. This could delay the initial synchronization. The sync will include the webinars (up to one year before the sync) and will create the standard webinar target groups.
For each active organizer, the Test Connection button will validate whether the organizer account exists in GoToWebinar. If this check fails for an organizer, the organizer is deactivated.
NOTE: The integration does not create new contact (formerly, subscriber) records in MA Professional; it only “matches” on existing contacts. After a webinar is created, the first synchronization with the webinar organizer creates a target group (all registered participants) in MA Professional that will be populated with existing contacts only.
Learn more about GoToWebinar Target Groups.