The GoToWebinar integration lets you connect Marketing Automation Professional (MA Professional) with GoToWebinar web conferences. Let's take a look at the features and functionality of this integration.
How it works
For a webinar found in MA Professional, MA Professional can:
- Retrieve all webinar participants (the GoToWebinar term for registrants/attendees) from GoToWebinar and determine the attendance status for each.
- Insert all participants into the webinar_participant table with the appropriate status (attended or not attended).
- Registrants are all of the contacts (formerly, subscribers) who are listed in the webinar_participant table, regardless of participant status.
- Participant attendance information is recorded in the webinar_participant_status_id column.
Through webinar integrations, you can:
- Import and synchronize webinars, periodically and on-demand.
- Sync webinar participants through the MA Professional interface or automatically when a mailing is sent.
- Automatically create target groups for each webinar. (Target groups are created and synced for all webinars that are created by organizers who are marked as Active in MA Professional.)
- Associate webinar organizer accounts with an MA Professional account.
Access Webinar integrations
- In the legacy Informz interface, navigate to Admin > Setup > Webinar Integrations.
- In the MA Professional New Admin Experience interface, navigate to Settings > Setup > Webinar Integrations.
There are several options on the Webinar Integration Settings page.
- Active - Check to ensure that the connection is active.
- Target Group Folder - Select a folder for any target groups generated with the webinar.
- Displayed Time Zone - Select the session time zone. Refer to Time zones below.
- Organizers - Lists all organizers.
- Check Active to ensure that the webinars that are created by an organizer automatically create target groups).
- Click Actions to open a dialog (shown below) where you can modify the organizer's credentials.
- Add Organizer - Click to add an organizer. Refer to Manage organizers below.
- Test Connection - Click to validate that each organizer account exists. Refer to Test connections below.
Organizer credentials dialog
The time zone that is specified in the setup screen is used for the date and time shown in target group names. The time zone setting does not alter mailing times or any other time-based functions in MA Professional. Changing the webinar time zone setting does not alter the names of existing webinar target groups, but it will affect target groups that are created after the change.
NOTE: The default time zone is Eastern Time (US & Canada).
You cannot delete an organizer; instead, you must deactivate the organizer to prevent further account syncing. Target groups for deactivated organizers will not be deleted. If the organizer is reactivated, syncing will resume.
You can change an organizer's user name (i.e., email address) and password. If doing this directly through GoToWebinar (where the email address was changed in GoToWebinar), and is in turn changed in MA Professional, the organizer will remain active.
Any credentials that link GoToWebinar with MA Professional are associated with a GoToWebinar account. The integration supports multiple organizer accounts, each identified by a user name and password.
Saving credentials for an organizer initiates a complete sync of the webinars by that organizer. The initial sync is queued, and it will be processed with any other webinar syncs that may be running. This could delay the initial synchronization. The sync will include the webinars (up to one year before the sync) and will create the standard webinar target groups.
For each active organizer, the Test Connection button will validate whether the organizer account exists in GoToWebinar. If this check fails for an organizer, the organizer has been deactivated.
NOTE: The integration does not create new contact (formerly, subscriber) records in MA Professional, it only "matches" on existing contacts. After a webinar is created, the first synchronization with the webinar organizer creates a target group (all registered participants) in MA Professional that will be populated with existing contacts only.