The Communications Professional for Higher Logic integration can be configured in a few simple steps. The first step is to create a case with Higher Logic Customer Support and request:
- The integration be enabled for your account and
- The necessary access credentials (IAMKey and password) be sent to you.
- When you've received the credentials, enter them into the corresponding fields on your setup page.
- In the legacy Informz interface, navigate to Admin > Setup > Webinar Integrations.
- In the Communications Professional New Admin Experience interface, navigate to Settings > Setup > Online Community Integration (shown below).
- Click the Target Group Folder dropdown to select a default folder for your incoming Higher Logic target groups.
TIP: Click Edit to create, rename, and delete Target Group Folders.
- Click Save & Sync Subscribers to save your settings and retrieve any existing automation rules.
You'll receive a message indicating whether the sync was successful.
Unsuccessful Save & Sync
If you click Save & Sync Subscribers and receive an error message, double-check your IAMKey and password. Most errors arise when these are improperly configured, so make sure you've entered them correctly. If problems persist, contact Higher Logic to verify that you have the correct IAMKey and password. If the values are correct, create a case.
Synchronizing ("syncing") is an integration process that retrieves automation rules from Higher Logic to create target groups in Communications Professional. Communications Professional queries Higher Logic in different ways to see if there are changes to the list of automation rules. A sync occurs:
- When the Target Group List page (Subscribers > Target Groups) opens.
- When you click Refresh Target Group List.
- When you send a mailing using a community target group.
- Every three hours during the business day.
The sync process removes the "Informz" prefix from an automation rule. For example, if your automation rule in Higher Logic is "Informz Has Started Discussion Thread," the corresponding target group in will be "Has Started Discussion Thread."
The sync process matches an existing Communications Professional subscriber record to a Higher Logic member record found in the automation rule. If a matching subscriber does not exist, the Higher Logic member is not included in the target group. Because Communications Professional and Higher Logic connect to the same AMS/CRM, an easy way to maximize member syncing is to create one target group in Communications Professional that retrieves all members from Higher Logic. This creates a baseline subscriber set that matches members in subsequent Higher Logic-based target groups.
A target group (created from Higher Logic data) is available anywhere you can use a target group in Communications Professional. For a mailing or a campaign, select a folder and then select a target group.
You can use a target group to activate a campaign. Any subscriber that meets the criteria for that target group automatically flows into the campaign.
Additionally, you can use Higher Logic-based target groups as the basis for decision steps in a campaign. For example, you can create a decision step that sends mailings to members who haven't sent any posts in your Higher Logic Community (provided you've created the corresponding automation rule).
Also, remember that Higher Logic-based target groups can be used in compound target groups to further refine your targeting.