Configuring Higher Logic is a few simple steps. Start by requesting the information you need to add to your Informz account and enable your Informz for Higher Logic integration.
- Contact Higher Logic Support (email@example.com) and tell them that you are using the Informz for Higher Logic integration. They'll provide the following required community information:
- Enter these values into the corresponding fields on the Online Community Integration Setup page.
- Next, click the Target Group Folder dropdown list to select a default target group folder for your incoming Higher Logic target groups. To create a new folder, navigate to Subscribers > Target Groups in Informz and click Edit.
- Click Save & Sync Subscribers to save your settings and retrieve any existing automation rules. You'll receive a message indicating whether the sync was successful.
Unsuccessful Save & Sync
If you click Save & Sync Subscribers and receive an error message, double-check your IAMKey and Password. Most errors arise when these are improperly configured, so make sure you've entered them correctly. If problems persist, contact Higher Logic to verify that you have the correct IAMKey and Password. Finally, if the values are correct, create a case.
Synchronizing ("syncing") is an integration process that retrieves automation rules from Higher Logic to create target groups in Informz. Informz queries Higher Logic in different ways to see if there are changes to the list of automation rules. A sync occurs:
- When the Target Group List page (Subscribers > Target Groups) opens.
- When you click Refresh Target Group List.
- When you send a mailing using a community target group.
- Every three hours during the business day.
The sync process removes the prefix "Informz" from an automation rule. For example, if your automation rule in Higher Logic is "Informz Has Started Discussion Thread," the corresponding target group in Informz is will be "Has Started Discussion Thread."
The sync process matches an existing Informz subscriber record to a Higher Logic member record found in the automation rule. If a matching Informz subscriber does not exist, the Higher Logic member is not included in the target group. Because Informz and Higher Logic connect to the same AMS/CRM, an easy way to maximize member syncing is to create one target group in Informz that retrieves all members from Higher Logic. This creates a baseline subscriber set that matches members in subsequent Higher Logic-based target groups.
A target group (created from Higher Logic data) is available anywhere you can use a target group in Informz. For a mailing or a campaign, select a folder and then select the desired target group.
You can use a target group to activate a campaign. Any subscriber that meets the criteria for that target group automatically flows into the campaign.
Additionally, you can use Higher Logic-based target groups as the basis for decision steps in a campaign. For example, you can create a decision step that sends mailings to members who haven't sent any posts in your Higher Logic Community (provided you've created the corresponding automation rule).
Also, remember that Higher Logic-based target groups can be used in compound target groups to further narrow your targeting.