The Informz for iMIS integration is one of the most widely used of all of the integrations that Informz offers. There are many useful standard features, and Informz offers some cool tips and tricks that will help you work better and more effectively, and which will positively impact your efficiency and return-on-investment (ROI).
iMIS - is a very mature Association Management System (AMS). It has a broad web-development platform, so many associations have their sites hosted “on top of” iMIS. The biggest advantage of this is that the customer portal experience becomes much easier to achieve.
Informz - is the leading email provider for organizations that use iMIS, and is the only third-party email provider authorized by ASI.
The Informz for iMIS integration is the only integration actively supported by ASI. The integration uses “linked server” technology to enable deep connections between Informz and iMIS data. This is a direct connection between the two databases, so Informz can run remote queries against iMIS — the master database for the subscriber profile information; Informz is the master database for the unsubscribe and repeated bouncer data.
- Integrate with iMIS 10, iMIS 15, and iMIS20–300
- Create iMIS Target Groups in Informz without having to involve the IT department to retrieve a list
- Access SQL views, IQA queries, and ad hoc queries created in iMIS when conducting email campaigns — with data updated in real time
- Query Activities Tables and user-defined tables from the Informz user interface
- Personalize emails using iMIS data
- Subscriber actions (unsubscribes, opt-outs, and clicks) as well as survey and ballot interactions are written back to iMIS and can be viewed in the contact record
iMIS Version Information
iMIS Version 20 has two desktop applications. The one that launches by default does not show user-defined tables. To access the alternate application, change the URL extension to /CS2 and you'll be able to see the user-defined tables.
Integrated Preference Management (IPM)
The version of iMIS is irrelevant as regards IPM because Informz directly connects to the backend database tables, and the iMIS version has nothing to do with this connection.
iMIS Bridge Connection
If your iMIS bridge connection to Informz is not working, check your iMIS configuration to see if there were recent changes to any of the following items.
- IP Address
- Database Name
- Port #
Provide any updates and details to Higher Logic.
Check the Bridge Connection
To check your bridge connection to iMIS, navigate to Admin > Check Bridge Status. This page will display the current connection status.