NOTE: All personalizations must be cached in order to use integration personalizations.
Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Professional (Thrive Marketing Professional) allows remote personalization fields to display in your Thrive Marketing Professional accounts as table columns. These personalizations are ultimately cached in Thrive Marketing Professional, and they refresh once a week (through a weekly behind-the-scenes process) or manually. When enabled, these personalization fields appear as selectable columns in any subscriber listing, and you can preview data in those fields.
This article is meant to help you if you're having problems with cached personalizations. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Have I selected at least one field for caching?
- Did I include the fields I want to cache in the output columns of the query in netFORUM?
- Did I save the most recent changes?
- Have I manually refreshed the Personalization Cache?
- Is there are problem with my Integration Bridge Connection?
Activate cached personalizations
You must select the fields you wish to cache from the List of Attributes page (Admin > Setup > Bridge Configuration).
- Click List of Personalization Attributes to open the Personalizations page.
NOTE: Important: The fields available for caching will be the columns included in your netFORUM query that comes over to Thrive Marketing Professional.
- Choose a target group from the menu and click the + next to netFORUM Dynamic Queries.
- Check the box in the Caches Data column to include that personalization when caching. Subscribers who don't belong to the selected target group will not have their personalization field data cached.
NOTE: If you don't select a target group (i.e., set to None), the checkboxes in the column are deactivated. You can select up to 20 fields to cache for each target group type.
- When ready, click Save Changes & Refresh Cache. If you have at least one field selected for caching, this refreshes the cache and displays a confirmation message; if you do not have any fields selected or if the integration bridge is down, you’ll receive a corresponding error message.
Refresh your personalization cache
- Navigate to Admin > Setup > Bridge Configuration.
- Click Refresh Personalization Cache to sync the cache. The status of your last sync is listed next to the Refresh Personalization Cache button.
NOTE: When you publish a mailing to a remote subscriber, Thrive Marketing Professional uses the personalization values that have been cached.