The integration with netFORUM Enterprise 2014 & 2015 now supports IPM with Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Professional (Thrive Marketing Professional). By configuring this feature, subscribers’ communications preferences can be presented without forcing the member to log into netFORUM Enterprise (formerly, subscribers were required to log into a web form through netFORUM Enterprise). Additionally, all synchronization between Thrive Marketing Professional and netFORUM Enterprise becomes a behind-the-scenes process.
In netFORUM Enterprise 2014 & 2015, categories and subcategories are used as Informz interests. They take the following names in netFORUM Enterprise:
- Categories - Mailing List Type Codes
- Subcategories - Mailing List Names
NOTE: It may take a little time for new categories and subcategories to display in Thrive Marketing Professional. This is expected behavior.
Individuals can opt-in to all mailings for a certain Mailing List Type Code via the check all option (located on the Individual Communications Preference Setup page). These codes display as categories on the Individual Communications Preference Setup page found on the individual profile.
- When you expand a Mailing List Type Code on the Individual Communications Preference Setup page, you will see all the associated Mailing List Names.
- Subscribers can opt-in to any mailings for a certain Mailing List Type Code or Mailing List Name combination by checking the appropriate box(es).
- To use an IPM interest from netFORUM Enterprise 2014 & 2015, the IPM interest (category and subcategory) must be created in netFORUM Enterprise itself. If a category does not have an associated subcategory (and vice versa), the interest will not display in Thrive Marketing Professional.
- All IPM writebacks are visible in the writeback message queue listing in Thrive Marketing Professional, with the type of Interest.
- To implement IPM, please create a case and submit a request to enable the IPM extension.
- Once enabled, create the Mailing List Type Codes (categories) and Mailing List Names (subcategories) in netFORUM Enterprise.
- Select the netFORUM Enterprise interests (category/subcategory pairings) that will be recognized in Thrive Marketing Professional.
- Create a subscription management form in Thrive Marketing Professional. Populate this with the linked netFORUM Interests in Thrive Marketing Professional.
- Incorporate the linked interests into the opt-out link in a Thrive Marketing Professional template.
- Incorporate the use of the preference management form in a template or mailing.