Synchronizing (syncing) is the process by which Communications Professional receives information from an integrated AMS/CRM database. The information that is received is used to update associated records in Communications Professional.
There are two types of syncs in the netFORUM Pro integration.
- Retrieving the list of messaging job queries (along with the list of all personalization fields) from netFORUM Pro.
- Retrieving the subscribers from a particular messaging job query from netFORUM Pro.
NOTE: Syncs occur for an individual target group. They retrieve all of the individuals from netFORUM Pro from a specific messaging job query.
Events that Trigger a Sync
There are six events that trigger a sync between Communications Professional and netFORUM Pro:
- User logs into Communications Professional: A sync will occur if thirty or more minutes have passed since the last sync of the list of netFORUM Pro target groups and the list of personalization field names. This sync will update the list of target groups and the available attributes to be used for personalization if and only if the integration is active and the user is not an Communications Professional staff person.
- User clicks Refresh Target Group List for a netFORUM Pro Target Group Folder: This causes Communications Professional to request the list of messaging jobs and personalization fields from netFORUM Pro. This does not update the counts for the list (updating list counts occurs by using the Resync Target Group menu option for a specific target group).
- User clicks Refresh Target Group on the Bridge Configuration page.
- User clicks Resync Target Group on the Count Details page to sync subscribers.
- You publish a mailing via Communications Professional that includes the target group.
- The UPI Nightly Sync takes place in Communications Professional and any of the following conditions are met:
- The list was created in the past seven days.
- The list was used in a mailing in the past 90 days.
- The list was part of a compound group used in the past 90 days.
NOTE: Clicking Refresh Target Group List is useful if you recently created a number of new Marketing & Communication lists in netFORUM Pro but aren't seeing them in Communications Professional. Remember, though, that this action doesn't refresh the counts in each target group.
Refresh your Target Groups
There are two ways to refresh the target groups to trigger a sync:
- Navigate to Subscribers > Target Groups. Select a netFORUM Pro folder and click Refresh Target Group List at the bottom of the screen.
- Navigate to Admin > Setup > Bridge Configuration. Click Refresh Target Group List in the Target Groups section.