Synchronizing (syncing) is the process by which Informz receives information from an integrated AMS/CRM database. The information that is received is used to update associated records in Informz.
There are two types of syncs in the Salesforce integration.
- Retrieving the list of Salesforce Reports
- Retrieving the subscribers for a particular report from Salesforce
Events that Trigger a Sync
There are four events that trigger a sync. These occur when a user:
- Clicks Refresh Target Group List for a Salesforce target group.
- Clicks Refresh Target Group List on the Bridge Configuration page.
- Clicks Sync Target Group/Resync Target Group on the Count Details page to sync subscribers.
- Sends a mailing to a Salesforce target group.
By hovering over the Menu icon and clicking Info for a target group, users can access the subscriber counts based upon the last time the list was synced with Salesforce. Alternatively, a sync can be performed manually.
After syncing, the Count Details are presented to help the end-user understand how the starting number from Salesforce (Total Records from Salesforce) becomes the number that Informz uses (Distinct and Valid Email Addresses from Salesforce). Note that a valid email is any correctly-formed email address.
If you delete a Salesforce report after it has been previously synced with Informz, it will no longer display in Informz after the next sync. If a mailing's target group relied on the now-deleted report, the mailing fails. Informz's Software Operations team remains notified of any failures, and the mailing is flagged as failing in the account.