The Domain Settings page is where you manage your:
- the microsite paths that are associated with the domains,
- and your organization's digital certificates.
You can add domains and certificates to ensure secure transactions across your site. There are also two pages that list 1) which domains are assigned to each microsite path and 2) which certificate is assigned to each domain.
Redirects are independent of domains and certificates; they enable you to automatically redirect site traffic away from that site to a more secure one. For added security, the redirect occurs behind the scenes; the visitor never knows it has happened.
Use these list pages to manage your site's domains, certificates, and redirects.
NOTE: There's more to learn about domains and certificates and the role they play in your community environment. Check out Set Up HTTPS / SSL and Higher Logic Thrive Community CNAME/DNS Instructions to gain a better understanding of how these settings work with domains, certificates, and redirects.
To manage your domains, certificates, and redirects:
- In the Admin Toolbar, click Admin.
- Navigate to Pages > Sites > Domain Settings.
TIP: On list pages, click a column header to sort on that column. Click the columns count below the list to add and remove columns in the current view.
Add a domain
- On the Domains page, click the plus symbol (+) to the right of the page title.
- In the dialog, type the URL of the domain in the first available field.
NOTE: Do not include HTTP:// or HTTPS:// in the URLs.
- To add more domains, click the green (+) Add under the Domains field.
- Click Save and review the list to ensure that the domains were added.
Delete a domain
- Select a domain and click Delete.
- In the dialog, review the warning.
- To continue, click Delete.
NOTE: You cannot delete the Tenant Primary Domain. If you want to delete this domain, first set a different domain as "primary."
Export a list of your domains
- Click the export icon to download a .csv file of your domains list.
- Navigate to where you want to store it and click Save.
Set a Primary Domain
- Select a domain and click Set Primary.
- In the dialog, click Set to Primary. This domain is now indicated with the (Tenant Primary Domain) label.
Prevent unauthorized deletion
Higher Logic staff can "lock" a domain so that it cannot be deleted. These domains will be denoted with a lock icon to the right of the domain name.
Manage domain assignments
- Click the down arrow to the right of the page title and select Domain Assignments to access the list of microsite paths and their assigned domains.
- Select a microsite path and click Manage Assignments.
- In the dialog, click in the Assigned Domains field to add and remove domains. You can assign multiple domains to a microsite, and you can set a Primary Domain.
- Click Save.
Click the down arrow to the right of the page title and select Certificates.
From here, you can:
- Add a default certificate from LetsEncrypt.org
- Import a custom certificate
- Enable/disable certificates
IMPORTANT: To learn more about adding default certificates and importing custom certificates, see Set Up HTTPS / SSL.
Enable/disable a certificate
The status is indicated in the Enabled column; enabled certificates have a green check mark.
- Select an enabled certificate and click Disable.
- Select a disabled certificate and click Enable.
Each action triggers a confirmation message.
Delete a certificate
- Select a (enabled or disabled) certificate and click Delete.
- Review the information and your selection, and click Delete to continue.
- Review the list to verify that the certificate is no longer listed.
Manage certificate assignments
Click the down arrow to the right of the page title and select Certificate Assignments. This list is where you can update a certificate's schema.
- Select a domain and click Change Schema.
- Select a schema (HTTP, HTTPS, or HTTP & HTTPS) from the Allowed Request Schema dropdown, and click Change.
- Review the Allowed Request Schema column to verify your changes.
Click the down arrow to the right of the page title and select Redirects.
TIP: On this page, you can filter by Redirect Type.
Add a Redirect
- Click the plus symbol (+) to the right of the page title.
- In the dialog, specify the old and new URLs and select the type, and click Add.
- Review the list to ensure that the redirect was added and that the URLs and type are correct.
Edit a Redirect
- Select a redirect and click Edit.
- In the dialog, specify the new URL and/or select a different type, and click Save.
- Review the list to ensure that your changes were applied.
Delete a Redirect
- Select a redirect and click Delete.
- In the dialog, review your selection and the warning.
- Click Delete to continue; otherwise, click Cancel.
- Review the list to verify that the redirect is no longer listed.
Upload a List of Redirects
NOTE: The upload operation will accept .csv files ONLY.
- Click the upload icon.
- In the dialog, review the message and click Choose File to select a file (or click Cancel).
WARNING: The upload will delete all your existing redirects, so consider adding them to the new list before uploading it.
- Navigate to and select the .csv file containing the list of new redirects, and click Upload.
- Review the list to ensure that the new redirects are listed.
Export a List of Redirects
- Click the export icon to download a .csv file of your redirects list.
- Navigate to where you want to store it and click Save.
Search for domains, certificates, assignments, and redirects
Here at the top right, you can use the search feature to quickly find domains, certificates, and redirects, and domain and certificate assignments.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to expand a search field.
- Enter alphanumeric and/or special characters to query all records.
The list will automatically update with each typed character and display all records (visible and hidden) that contain a match. Click the X to clear the search field and restore the original list.
NOTE: The searchable fields will depend on which list page you're viewing.