To ensure you and other admins can stay on top of any email delivery issues, you can set up notifications to keep anyone who needs to know in the loop when problems occur. When delivery issues do occur, you and other admins will be notified via email, and you can then use the Delivery Management page (see View/Resolve Email Delivery Issues) to address the identified problem.
To set up these notifications:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Email > Email Management > Delivery Notification.
Manage Email Delivery Notifications
You can control whether email delivery notifications are enabled or not, and if enabled, specify a list of recipients to be notified (via email) when email delivery issues occur.
NOTE: If entering more than one email address, separate them with commas. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regarding when the system will email these individuals, you can choose:
- an interval, like every 15 minutes, every 2 hours, etc.,
- OR a time of day option with the email sent once per day at a specific time.
- In addition, you can control which types of delivery failures are included in these notifications (Permanent, Complaint, Transient, and Undetermined).
NOTE: While the best-practice is to set up notifications for all issue types to monitor all delivery failures, we strongly recommend doing so for Permanent and Complaint failures in particular, as these generally have a greater communication impact.
If you make any changes, be sure to click Save at the bottom of the page to apply them.