NOTE: View the New Admin Experience version of this article.
In addition to your site's global Code of Conduct, which all users are forced to agree to the first time they log in to your site, you can also create modular (i.e., page-specific) Terms & Conditions (T&C) and apply them to any page(es) you want, forcing users to agree to them before accessing a page.
You can create as many T&C as you want, and apply them to any pages you want.
Step 1 - Create T&C
- Click Admin in the Webmaster Links menu.
- Click Admin.
- Select Module from the Users > Terms and Conditions menu.
- Click Add New Terms & Conditions.
- Give your T&C a name, enter an optional description, and then provide the rules, etiquette, etc. you want displayed to users.
- Then, click Save.
Step 2 - Annotate the T&C you want to apply
On the Terms & Conditions page (see Step 1 for how to access this page), copy or write down the name of the page-specific T&C you want to apply EXACTLY as its named.
Step 3 - Apply T&C to page
- Navigate to the page to which you want to apply your T&C.
- Create a new content item. To complete this step, switch to the old version of the CMS.
- Select User Control in the Type of content area.
- In the User Control class or path field, enter ds:TermsAndConditionsRedirect.
- Check the Send title? box next to it.
- Click Save.
- Once the page reloads (you may have to edit the page from the CMS to get back), the parameter list should be available. From the parameter list, double-click TermsAndConditionsName to add it. Then, between the quotation marks, enter the name of the T&C you annotated during Step 2.
- Click Save and Return to Site.
Your page-specific terms and conditions should now be in place.