NOTE: View the New Admin Experience version of this feature.
NOTE: These tools are primarily meant for clients who are not integrated with an AMS; integrated clients will generally want to manage their users/companies in that system.
As a Super Admin, you can use the Manage Users tool to:
- create and disable user accounts,
- email users,
- reset their account passwords,
- assign one or more Security Groups to a user,
- and more.
How to access the Manage Users tool
- Click Admin (gear icon) in the Webmaster Links menu.
- Click Admin.
- Select Manage Users from the Users menu.
Create a new user account
NOTE: You should only add users this way if specifically directed to do so by Higher Logic staff, and as dictated by your site's implementation directions. For example, if your organization's members are managed in an AMS, you'd likely want to add new users in that system, not independently to your Higher Logic Online Community.
Click Add User to create a new Higher Logic user account by entering the user's profile information, including their email address. You can also determine whether they have Member status, the Security Group(s) (if any) they belong to, and whether to send them an email with a link to set their own password.
You can also click the drop-down menu to access two export user options: Export Users from Filtered Results and Export All Users. Both options allows you to export either to a .csv or .xlsx (Excel workbook) format.
Search and filter users
This area provides various filters you can apply to make it easier to find specific users. Filters include Account Status (enabled or disabled), Security Group, and Company. You can also use the menu to the right to view users by Most/Least Recent, Last Name A–Z / Z–A, First Name A–Z / Z–A, and Company A–Z / Z–A. Lastly, you can click the magnifying glass button to expand a search field, allowing you to find specific users that way.
Each user has an associated Actions menu, allowing you to:
- Send a simple, plain-text message to any of their email addresses (e.g., their Higher Logic account address or another personal address).
- Send them a password reset email to any of their email addresses.
- Move the user to a different Company.
- Disable this user's record, meaning they cannot log in until their record is reactivated by a Super Admin. Keep in mind that Super Admins can disable user records in a Higher Logic-managed community without affecting their status in your database (if applicable). If a user is disabled, this option becomes Enable User.
Bulk user actions
By checking the boxes to the left of multiple users, you'll select them and enable the bulk actions menu (see image below). This enables you to quickly perform the options discussed above for many users at once (e.g., disabling dozens of records, sending the password reset email to multiple users, moving a group of users to a different company, etc.).