You can apply a moderation setting to any of your community Discussions (and their associated Library) on the Moderation Settings page, located in the Admin interface.
How to access the Moderation Settings page
- Click Admin in the Webmaster Links menu.
- Click Admin.
- Select Moderation Settings from the Communities > Moderation menu.
How to apply moderation settings
On this page, you can apply a moderation setting to each community Discussion and associated Library to determine whether posts and files added to them are placed in Moderation. Moderation settings include:
- Full Moderation - All new posts and files are queued in Moderation and require admin approval before posting to the Discussion or Library.
- Self Moderation - All new posts and files do not require admin approval and are added to the Discussion or Library immediately; however, all users who have access to the Discussion and Library for this community can moderate a post or file using the Mark As Inappropriate option on the post or file page. The user will then be prompted to give a reason for marking the content as inappropriate. At this point, the content is removed and an Admin can then approve the moderation request to keep it in moderation or reject it to add it back to the community.
- No Moderation - Posts/files don't require admin approval and are added to the Discussion/Library immediately.
NOTE: If a Discussion is set to No Moderation or Self Moderation, the system will then apply individual moderation settings on a per-user basis (individual moderation is configured on the Moderate User page).