NOTE: View the New Admin Experience version of this article.
You can manage all queued posts and files from moderated Discussions, Libraries, and users across your site on the Items in Moderation page, located in the Admin interface.
NOTE: You can also manage moderated items for a specific community. From its Home page, click Settings > Moderation. For more information, refer to the Manage a Community's Moderation Queue page.
How to access the Items in Moderation page
- Click Admin in the Webmaster Links menu.
- Click Admin.
- Select Items in Moderation from the Communities > Moderation menu.
How to manage the Moderation Queue
This page lists all queued posts and files from moderated Discussions, Libraries, and users across your site. These items won't be visible in the associated Discussion or Library until they're approved.
NOTE: The moderation setting for a Discussion and its associated Library can be set on the Moderation Settings page, while you can place individual users in moderation on the Moderate Users page.
On this page, you can:
- Switch between these tabs to view all moderated items pending approval and those that have been rejected.
- Click Preview to view the message or file in question.
- Click Approve to approve an item, making it publicly available, or use the menu to:
- Edit an item, which is often done to make changes before approving;
- Reject the item entirely and move it to the Rejected tab. When rejecting an item, you must provide a reason why and decide whether to send the associated user an email letting them know. Items on the Rejected tab can still be approved at any point, and you can click Preview to see the reason why it was rejected.
Learn about the Column Headings
Each of the columns on this page are described below (see the image above):
- Type - Indicates whether the content is a Discussion post or Library Entry.
- Author/Title - Displays the subject of the content and the user who created it. The titles are hyperlinked for easy access to the content.
- Community - The community the content was intended to be published in.
- Created - The date/time stamp when the content was created.
- Reason - Indicates the reason why the content is moderated. Reasons include:
- Full Moderation, if a community is set to Full Moderation.
- Self Moderation, if a user in the community flagged the content to be removed from the community and added to the Moderation Queue.
- Inbound Message, if the community is configured to moderate all email replies before approval by an admin.
- Anonymous Message, if the community is configured to moderate all anonymous posts before approval by an admin.
- Terms and Conditions, if the community is configured to moderate all content by users who have not accepted your site's Terms and Conditions.
- Moderated User, if a user has been individually moderated, requiring an admin to approve all of their content before its publicly available.
- Spam, if the post appears to be marketing or other spam-like content.
TIP - Moderating individual items
TIP: You can also view, approve, edit, and reject moderated posts and files directly from Discussions and Libraries themselves (an example from a Discussion is shown below).