Large events with one or more sessions generally have various types of presenter roles, like keynote speaker, speaker, moderator, etc. Event Manager enables you to create the specific roles your event(s) require and assign them to presenters (and even users not in the system) for specific event sessions.
Several default roles are available, but before creating sessions for your events you should evaluate them and decide if any additional roles are needed.
View your Presenter Roles
- Click Admin in the Webmaster Links menu.
- Click Admin.
- Select Presenter Roles from the Events menu.
All of the default roles are listed on the resulting page, along with any that have been created.
- Click their associated Edit buttons to update their names.
- Select Disable from the Actions menu to temporarily prevent a role from being assigned.
- If you want to permanently remove a role, select Delete from its Actions menu.
Create a Presenter Role
On the Manage Presenter Roles page:
- Click Add.
- Enter a name in the pop-up.
- Click Save.
Each of these roles will be assignable to a presenter during session creation.