When creating an event, you can choose between three pricing methods:
- Simple - A single price is set for ALL registrants.
- Member/Non-Member - A unique price can be set for members AND non-members. Registrants are evaluated for IsMember status (this is set at the Security Group level). Users with IsMember status are given the Member price, while those without it are given the Non-Member price. Note that Member/Non-Member pricing is not dependent on Registrant Class values - it is determined by the IsMember flag.
- Pricing based on Registrant Classes - This method provides the most flexibility, allowing you to set unique pricing by Security Group. When pricing is based on Registrant Classes, unlimited price points can be established because there's no limit to the number of Security Groups or Registrant Classes that can be created. When attendees register, they'll automatically be assigned the appropriate Registrant Class price according to the Security Group they belong to.
NOTE: Regardless of pricing method, you can enable Early, Regular, and Late rates to set three price points depending on when someone registers.
Put simply, Registrant Classes allow you to map your Security Groups to a specific registration group, or type of attendee (e.g., Member, Speaker, Exhibitor, etc.). Because there’s typically more than one type of attendee at an event, you can create Registrant Classes for each one to capture an event’s diverse audience. If your organization hosts large events with numerous types of attendees, Registrant Classes allow you to create as complex a pricing model as needed.
View your Registrant Classes
- Click Admin in the Webmaster Links menu.
- Click Admin.
- Select Registrant Classes from the Events menu.
- Click their associated Edit buttons to update any settings.
NOTE: Refer to the table in the Create a Registrant Class section below for descriptions of each setting.
- Select Disable from the Actions menu to temporarily prevent a class from being used.
- If you want to permanently remove a class, select Delete from its Actions menu.
Create a Registrant Class
On the Manage Registrant Classes page:
- Click Create.
- Configure the settings.
|Class Name||Give your Registrant Class the desired name.|
|Description||Provide an optional description.|
|Security Group||Select the Security Group to map to the Registrant Class.|
You can use this option to set two of your Registrant Classes as the default Member and Non-Member classes. Why would you do this? Because it provides a catchall safety net, ensuring all registrants receive a registration option/price in cases where they don't qualify for any Registrant Class.
Because of this, the best practice is to set these two defaults. Just make sure to include them in the Registrant Class options for an event, as not doing so may cause users to receive an error because the system cannot match them to an appropriate class.
|Display Word for Zero Dollar Amount||If this Registrant Class is used and the price is set to a zero-dollar amount ($0), the system displays this word instead.|
- Click Save.
Best practice: Set your Registrant Class hierarchy
If a user qualifies for multiple Registrant Classes, the system determines their price by the Registrant Class hierarchy on this page, not the lowest price they qualify for. For example, if an attendee qualifies for two Registrant Classes, they'll be registered for whichever one is ordered higher. In the image below, if an attendee qualified for the Member and Honor 2 classes, they'd be registered under as a Member.
So, take the time to prioritize your classes to ensure event pricing is determined appropriately. To do so, click the Up and Down arrows in the Priority column.