For optimal deliverability, we recommend setting up custom authentication for your mail sent via Marketing Automation. Setting up this authentication will require a few updates to your Domain Name System (DNS) settings, which may require the assistance of your IT team. These changes are necessary to ensure SPF and DKIM authentication are correct and tied to your sending domain.
Set up Custom Authentication
- Identify the sending domains you are going to use for your email messages sent through MA Enterprise.
NOTE: The sending domain is the portion to the right of the @ symbol in the “from" email address. For example, in firstname.lastname@example.org, the sending domain is myjob.com.
- Create new DNS entries by following the instructions below, but replace all occurrences of “MYNEWDOMAIN.COM” with your sending domain. Do this individually for every domain you will use for sending email messages through MA Enterprise.
NOTE: These DNS entries are internet standard pointers that direct internet traffic to the correct server to handle those requests.
DNS Records for Email Domain: MYNEWDOMAIN.COM
CNAME (Canonical Name) Record: Domain: send.MYNEWDOMAIN.COM CNAME Record Entry: client.rmsend.com
DKIM Authentication: Domain: rmagnet._domainkey.MYNEWDOMAIN.COM DKIM TXT Record Entry (Be sure to remove any spaces when pasting into your DNS): k=rsa;p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDLugrOuSg+usD7XXOG4vNMZaZuYW2VB7IflhU9gBctvXTikYfd6Yq363eeZRBD1ops/TZ3i4oHKJuiaenOuo GBwRlEOQlhES/G1ch4rimQ1/wVb7jnPrHH6NqDVAEUAiSO7+EUdAE0DJFEewHNjUtm8xc4vTsTQJ/IwjSE2vWHvQIDAQAB NOTE: There is a line break in the above code. So copy each line individually and paste line 2 immediately adjacent to line 1.
NOTE: If you need assistance with creating the DNS entries, create a case.
- Provide the DNS entries to your IT staff so they can update the appropriate Name Server. The Name Server stores DNS entries and directs internet requests to the correct server.
NOTE: If your company runs internal and external facing Name Servers, add the DNS entries to both servers.
- After those updates have been made by your IT staff, create a case so we can verify the DNS entries and complete the setup.
- After we have completed our setup, we notify the team that your account is ready to be used.