Test Groups can you save you time by letting you simultaneously send a message to multiple contacts. You can create as many test groups as you need, based on your various types of mailings (such as to executives and officers or based on location).
On the Testing tab, instead of having to enter individual email addresses when you test a message, you can select one of your test groups. Note, however, that only one test group can be used with a mailing. So if you want to send a test to multiple groups, you'll have to send them separately.
NOTE: Test groups don't receive voting, invoicing, or event-confirmation messages.
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Contacts > Test Groups.
TIP: On list pages, click a column header to sort on that column. Click the columns count below the list to add and remove columns in the current view.
Create a Test Group
- Click the plus sign to the right of the page title.
- In the dialog:
- Specify a name for the test group (required).
- Add at least one email address, but no more than 100 (required).
- Check the box to have ALL sent messages go to this test group (optional).
- Click Save and verify that the new test group has been added to the list.
Edit a Test Group
- Select a test group and click Edit.
- In the dialog, you can:
- Rename the test group (optional).
- Add and/or remove email addresses, ensuring that there is at least one but no more than 100 (optional).
- Check or uncheck the box to control whether this test group should receive ALL sent messages (optional).
- Click Save and verify that your edits are reflected in the list.
Delete a Test Group
- Select a test group and click Delete.
- In the dialog, click Yes to confirm the deletion.
WARNING: This action is irreversible.
- Review the list and verify that the test group has been removed.