The Profile Fields page is where you manage your account-specific profile fields. You can:
- Create, edit, and delete profile fields
- Export a list of your profile fields
NOTE: Profile fields are available on the Create Contact and Edit Contact dialogs on the Contacts > List. You can add these fields when creating a Contact record and edit the record to manage the fields.
Access your profile fields
To manage your profile fields:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Contacts > Profile Fields.
TIP: On list pages, click a column header to sort on that column; click again to reverse the sort order. Click the columns count below the list to add and remove columns in the current view.
NOTE: The Modified column represents the date/time of the latest activity. So, initially, the column will display the date/time that the profile field was created, then the date and time will reflect any subsequent modifications.
Create a profile field
- Click the plus symbol to the right of the page title.
- Click the Select... dropdown and choose a profile field type.
TIP: See Profile Fields Overview for information about the different types of profile fields and links to articles that detail each type.
- In the type-specific create dialog, complete the required fields and, optionally, any other fields.
- Click Save.
- Review the list to ensure that the new profile field is listed.
Edit a profile field
- Select a profile field and click Edit.
- Make your updates. The options available to update depend on the Profile Field type. Refer to the Profile field types section above for links to articles discussing each profile field type.
- Click Save.
Delete a profile field
- Select a profile field and click Delete.
- In the dialog, click Yes to confirm the deletion.
WARNING: This action is irreversible.
NOTE: You shouldn't delete Personal Information fields because if a field is used in data formats or target groups, that information will become incomplete and the system won't be able to read it. If you do try to delete the information, the system will display an error message.
NOTE: Give careful consideration before deleting a Demographics profile field. If it's used in a Data Format or Compound, you'll want to be aware of this. An error message will display if you try to delete a Demographics field that's used elsewhere in your account.
Filter profile fields
All of your profile fields are organized in the list by type. To filter which types display:
- Click the filter icon.
- In the dialog, select a type from the menu.
- Click Apply.
TIP: To remove the filter and restore the original list, click the filter icon again, click Clear Filter, and click Apply.
Search for profile fields
If you have a lot of profile fields, you can use the search field to quickly find a specific one.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to expand the search field.
- Enter your alpha and/or numeric query.
- Search for values in the Name and Type columns.
- The search is not case sensitive.
- Results display automatically as you type.
TIP: To restore the original list, click the X in the search field.
Export profile fields list
You can export a .csv list of your profile fields. The file contains three fields.
- Last Name
- Click the export icon at the top right.
- Navigate to where you want to store the file, give it a memorable name, and click Save.
- Navigate to the saved file and review it.