Buttons are an important aspect of your mailings, as they enable your readers to navigate from your mailing to landing pages, documents, websites, etc.
Adding a Button
As with all Template Designer layouts, you can drag-and-drop button layouts onto the canvas. Simply click-and-hold the layout you wish to add, drag your cursor to your desired location, and release. When you release, your button layout becomes part of the template and is ready for editing.
There are two content options for button layouts:
- Hyperlink - Click the dropdown list to select a hyperlink destination for your button. The choices are:
- Web Page
- Web Version of this Mailing
- Form Landing Page
- Content Only Landing Page
- Unsubscribe Landing Page
- Email Address
- Label - The text for the button.
There are six style options for button layouts:
- Use Default Background - Check to use the default background color. Uncheck to set a unique color for this button.
- Use Default Text Color - Check to use the default text color. Uncheck to set a unique text color.
- Use Default Expansion - Check to use the default expansion option. Uncheck to reveal a dropdown list where you can select to have this button to expand to the layout’s width.
- Use Default Size - Check to use the default button size. Uncheck to reveal a dropdown list where you can resize this button.
- Use Default Alignment - Check to use the default alignment. Uncheck to select either Left, Center, or Right alignment.
- Use Default Text Decoration - Check to use the default text decoration. Uncheck to reveal a dropdown list where you can choose to underline the text.