While your organization's stories and other messages are built into templates through Message Content areas, static Text layouts are an equally important part of your message. These text areas are part of the template itself, so they'll appear in every message that uses the template.
Adding Text Layouts
On the Design > Build tab, expand the Static Elements category and drag and drop one of the three text-based types onto the canvas.
Text layouts use the text properties editor. See Rich Text Editor to learn more.
All text layouts are located under the Static Elements category. Let's take a look at the three default text layouts that you can add to your template.
Image with Text
This layout contains a text area and an image area. The image is controlled by the image/logo properties editor.
Additionally, there are additional style options for the Image with Text layout:
- Use Default Background - If checked, your footer uses the background color set in the Theme menu. If unchecked, you can use the color picker to select a unique color for the layout’s background.
- Border - If checked, your footer applies a border with several possible settings.
- Border Style - Click the dropdown to select a solid, dashed, or dotted border.
- Border Size - Click the dropdown to set the border size in pixels (1-10).
- Border Color - Click to use the color picker to select a unique color for the layout’s border.
- Apply Border To - Check the corresponding checkbox for each side (top, bottom, left, and right) that uses the border.
- Banner - Check to extend your footer to the edges of the message body.
- Padding - Click the dropdown list to set the padding around your footer (0-30 pixels).
- Apply Padding To - Check the corresponding checkbox for each side (top, bottom, left, and right) that applies padding.
- Banded Background - Click the icon that represents your desired “banding” effect.
- Select Default to keep your layout within the message body.
- Select Banded to extend your layout to the edges of the page.
- Vertical Align - Click the dropdown list to set a vertical alignment option (top, middle, or bottom).
Text with Headline
This layout contains a text area with a heading and standard text.
This layout contains a text area with standard text only.