Managing your subscriber's preferences is critical for an E-marketing team. One way to do that is by using interests and a Data Input Form so that your subscribers can choose what types of communications they'd like to receive. The opt-out link is a great way to check/uncheck one specific interest associated with a mailing.
Once your data input form has been created, you need to add the opt-out link directly to your template. Let's learn how.
NOTE: Before you can use an Opt-Out Link in a template, you'll need to have the corresponding feature turned on in your account. If you need this feature enabled, create a case for help.
- Navigate to Mailings >Templates > View.
- Hover on the icon to the left of the mailing that you want to add the opt-out link to and select HTML.
- Insert the opt-out language you want to use in the template.
- Highlight wording and select the hyperlink button in the editor.
- For Hyperlink Type select Opt-Out Link from the drop down menu.
- For Opt-Out Form select the data input form you would like to use from the drop down menu
- Select Insert Hyperlink.
Recreate Text Version
For every template, there's an HTML version and a text version. Any changes made to one need to also be made to the other. One way of doing this is to use the HTML version to update the text version.
NOTE: If you only want to create the opt-out link in the text template, you can do that manually.
- Navigate back to Mailings >Templates > View.
- Hover over the icon to the left of the template that you just edited the HTML for. This time select Text from the menu.
- Select Recreate Text Template button.
This brings all of the HTML elements into the text version, including your newly created opt-out link.