The Users List is where you create and manage user accounts for your organization's staff. From here, you can perform a variety of administrative actions, like updating a staff member's account details (e.g., email address and time zone), giving them a new password, and assigning important account permissions.
TIP: Because there's no limit to the number of user accounts you can create in your Marketing Automation Professional (MA Professional) account, we recommend creating one for all of your staff members. This is also helps prevent the sharing of accounts between staff, which can pose challenges when you're trying to figure out "who did what" in MA Professional.
TIP: On list pages, click a column header to sort on that column. Click the columns count below the list to add and remove columns in the current view.
To manage your organization's user accounts:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Settings > Users > Manage.
Create a User Account
- Click the plus sign to the right of the page title.
- In the dialog:
- Fill out the individual's personal details (email address, first and last name, time zone, etc.). This information describes the authorized user and also identifies any actions they perform in MA Professional.
- Enter what will be their account login credentials (user name and password).
NOTE: User names cannot be changed after account creation, so ensure its accuracy. Passwords, on the other hand, can be updated at any time. Passwords must be at least 8 characters and contain at least one number or symbol.
- Assign their account the necessary permissions. These control what tools and features the individual can access and use in MA Professional. (Permissions can be updated at any time after account creation.) See Account Permissions Overview below to learn more.
TIP: If applicable, you may want to assign permissions to areas where this new user will serve as a backup to a primary user. For example, if Sally is the person responsible managing your campaigns, you still may want Bruce - another trusted staff person - to also have access to this so that he can be Sally's backup if she's on vacation or leaves the company.
- Click Save to create the account and add the user to the list.
To perform any actions on a user, you need to first select them in the list. Two things happen when you do: The Preview Panel expands and the Edit and Delete buttons above the list become enabled. Click the user record again to deselect it.
Edit an Account
Click Edit to update the user's personal details, give them a new password, or assign/remove account permissions.
NOTE: User names are the only detail you cannot change.
Delete an Account
Unfortunately, it's inevitable. Some of your colleagues will leave your organization. When that occurs, you'll also want to remove their account so they can no longer log in to MA Professional.
To do so, click Delete, followed by Yes in the confirmation pop-up, to permanently remove the account.
Use the Preview Panel
Select a user to view additional details about them in its Preview Panel. (Click the user again to deselect it and close the Preview Panel.)
In the Preview Panel, you can:
- Edit the staff member's basic details, like their first and last name, , email address, and time zone by clicking them (editable items are indicated by a dashed underline).
- See the number of times they've logged in and the number of messages they've created.
NOTE: The Cancel and Save buttons will only appear at the bottom of the Preview Panel if you make changes in the panel.
Search User Accounts
Here at the top right, you can use the search feature to quickly find specific user accounts:
- Click the magnifying glass icon to expand a search field.
- Enter alphanumeric and/or special characters to query the User Name, Email Address, Last Name, and First Name fields of all records.
The list will automatically update with each typed character and display all records (visible and hidden) that contain a match. Click the X to clear the search field to restore the original list.
Export User Records
Click the export icon at the top right to export your user records to a CSV file, providing each user's:
- User name
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Date of last login
- Job title
- Admin who created each account
- Date of last account update
- Admin who modified it
Permissions give users access to different areas of MA Professional, and ultimately help you manage your staff member accounts by letting you categorize the features and tools specific people can access and use.
Permissions are managed in the Permissions section during account creation or when editing an existing user account.
NOTE: Occasionally, a user will need to log out and back in again for a newly assigned permission to be reflected in their account. If that doesn't resolve the issue, have the user clear their browser cache. If neither of these steps resolves the issue, it may be browser related. Google Chrome is the preferred browser for using MA Professional and provides the best user experience.
Permissions are listed in alphabetical order.
|Administrator||Change system settings, modify subscription forms, modify templates, and add user accounts for staff members to log into MA Professional.|
|Campaigns||Create, modify, test, and activate campaigns AND view campaign reporting.|
Manage the Google Analytics settings for a single mailing.
NOTE: Only someone with the Administrator permission can change brand-level Google Analytics settings.
|Manager||View the various reports in MA Professional.|
|Publisher||Publish and schedule messages.|
|Create and modify messages.|
|Sales||Import banner ads into MA Professional and attach banner ads to mailings.|
|Manage the subscriber list (e.g. add subscribers, modify subscribers' profiles, unsubscribe) and create target groups.|
|Surveys||Create online surveys (either in Survista Lite or Survista Pro) and embed Survista Lite surveys in emails.|
|A message that contains information relevant to a business transaction.|
|Template Designer||Create and modify templates.|