In your account, Users are your organization's staff. They differ from Contacts, who are people who have subscribed to your organization's messages (see Manage Contacts).
The Users list page is where you create and manage your User accounts. On this page, you can perform a variety of administrative actions, such as:
- update a User's account details (e.g., email address and time zone),
- give a User a new password, and
- assign account permissions to a User.
TIP: There's no limit to the number of Users you can create in your account, so we recommend creating one for each of your staff members. This prevents the "sharing" of accounts between staff members, thereby making it easier to determine who did what in your account.
To manage your User accounts:
- Access the Admin interface.
- Navigate to Settings > Users > Manage.
The Users list page opens.
TIP: On list pages, click a column header to sort on that column; click again to reverse the sort order. Click the columns count below the list to add and remove columns in the current view.
Create a User account
- Click the plus sign to the right of the page title.
- In the dialog:
- Fill out the User's personal details (email address, first and last names, etc.). This information describes the User and identifies any actions they perform.
- Specify their login credentials (username and password).
NOTE: A Username cannot be changed after it's been created, so be sure to specify the name you want. Passwords, on the other hand, can be updated. Passwords must be at least 12 characters and contain at least one number or symbol.
- Assign their account the necessary permissions. These control which tools and features the individual can access and use. (Permissions can be updated later.) Refer to Account permissions, below, to learn more.
TIP: You may want to assign permissions to areas where this new User will serve as a backup to a primary user. For example, if Sally is responsible managing your campaigns, you may want Bruce to also have permission so that he can be Sally's backup if she's on vacation or leaves the company.
- Click Save to create the account and add the User to the list.
To perform any actions on a User, you need to first select them in the list. Two things happen when you do: The Preview Panel expands and the Edit and Delete buttons above the list become enabled. Click the User record again to deselect it.
Edit a User account
- Click Edit to update the User's personal details, give them a new password, or assign/remove account permissions.
NOTE: User names are the only detail you cannot change.
Delete a User account
When one of your colleagues leaves your organization, you should remove the associated User account to prevent unauthorized access.
- Click Delete, followed by Yes in the confirmation popup, to permanently remove the account.
Use the Preview Panel
Select a User to view additional details about them in its Preview Panel. (Click the User again to deselect it and close the Preview Panel.)
In the Preview Panel, you can:
- Edit the User's basic details (first and last name, email address, etc.) by clicking them (editable items are indicated by a dashed underline).
- See the number of times they've logged in and the number of messages they've created.
NOTE: The Cancel and Save buttons appear at the bottom of the Preview Panel only if you make changes in the panel.
Search User accounts
At the top right, you can use the search feature to quickly find specific User accounts.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to expand a search field.
- Enter alphanumeric and/or special characters to query the User Name, Email Address, Last Name, and First Name fields of all records.
The list automatically updates with each typed character and displays all records (visible and hidden) that contain a match. Click the X to clear the search field to restore the original list.
Export the list of Users
Click the down arrow icon at the top right to export your User records to a CSV file that contains each User's:
- User name
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Date of last login
- Job title
- Admin who created each account
- Date of last account update
- Admin who modified it
User permissions are how Admins control which aspects of the account their various Users can access and use. You can manage permissions when:
- creating a User account (the Create User dialog) and
- in the Preview Panel of User accounts.
NOTE: If you change a User's permissions, the User might have to log out and back in for the change to be reflected in their account. If that doesn't resolve the issue, have the User clear their browser cache. If neither of these steps resolves the issue, it may be browser related. Google Chrome is the preferred browser and provides the best user experience.
Permissions are listed in alphabetical order.
|Administrator||Change system settings, modify subscription forms, modify templates, and add User accounts for staff members to log in to the system.|
|Campaigns||Create, modify, test, and activate campaigns AND view campaign reporting.|
|Google Analytics||Manage the Google Analytics settings for a single mailing.
NOTE: Only someone with the Administrator permission can change brand-level Google Analytics settings.
|Manager||View the various reports in your account.|
|Publisher||Publish and schedule messages.|
|Reporter||Create and modify messages.|
|Sales||Import banner ads and attach banner ads to mailings.|
|Subscribers||Manage the subscriber list (e.g., add subscribers, modify subscribers' profiles, unsubscribe) and create target groups.|
|Surveys||Create online surveys (either in Survista Lite or Survista Pro) and embed Survista Lite surveys in emails.|
|Transactional Mailings||Messages that contain information relevant to a business transaction, but which are not required to contain an Unsubscribe link. Learn how to create a Transactional Mailing and a Transactional Mailing Template.|
|Template Designer||Create and modify templates.|
|Child Account Permissions||Navigate between the parent account and the child account, and between child accounts.
NOTE: All of the User's permissions are pushed "down-stream" to all child accounts.