NOTE: View the New Admin Experience version of this article.
Once a poll has been activated, it can then be inserted on any page across your community site, though polls are most often added to specific communities to solicit feedback from their members.
Inserting a poll involves two primary steps:
Step 1 - Add the Poll Widget to the desired page
Polls are added/removed via the Polls widget, which must first be added to the page where you want the poll displayed.
- On the page you'd like to insert the poll , click add to this page in the Webmaster Links menu.
- You're now adding a new content item to this page in the CMS. Give your content item a name, the desired view permissions, and choose where to place it on the page in the Page Layout Sections area to the right. See Add Content to Pages to learn more about the CMS and content item configuration options.
- Select Widget from the Type of Content menu.
- Select Polls from the Widget Category menu.
- Select Polls from the Widget menu.
- There are no parameters to configure for this widget, so click Save and Return to Site to add the widget and return to the page.
Step 2 - Select your Poll in the Widget
Now that the widget is in place, you can add your poll.
- On the page where you added the widget, click its Add poll button.
- In the pop-up, all activated polls are listed. Click your poll's Insert button to display it in the widget.
Now, users can select their desired answer and click Save to submit it.
NOTE: Once a poll is selected, two buttons are available in the widget control: Remove poll and View report (view poll results).