Polls are easy-to-create, one-question surveys that enable your organization to elicit quick feedback from your audience. You can add a poll to any community page, enabling Community and Super Admins to target their community members quickly and effectively.
What polls are...
- One-question survey that prompts quick, one-click answers from participants
- Simple and quick to create but only offer minimal customization
What polls are not...
- Highly customizable
Types of polls
Three types of polls can be created:
- Yes/No - A simple, two-choice poll. While Yes and No are the predefined answers for this poll, they are customizable (e.g., Sure/No Thanks, Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down, etc.).
- Rating - A more granular, multi-choice poll providing more flexibility in answers. These polls can either have a numeric- or text-based rating scale that's fully customizable. The Numeric scale allows up to 10 customizable numerical ratings (e.g., 1, 2, 3; 1.0, 2.0, 3.0; 10, 20, 30; etc.), while the Text scale allows up to 5 customizable text ratings (I love it, Maybe, I don't like it, etc.).
- Custom - A fully custom poll with no predefined answers. This poll type is meant for those wanting full control over the answers, with those answers generally being more text-based and free-form in nature (e.g., you're asking your audience for session titles for your upcoming annual conference, requesting names for your product's upcoming feature, etc.). A minimum of 2 answers are required, with up to 10 answers possible.