NOTE: View the New Admin Experience version of this article.
Experience Levels corresponds directly to the My Volunteer Experience demographic on the Volunteer profile, and is also associated to an Opportunity when it's created. Volunteer Manager matches the experience level chosen by the volunteer with the desired experience level for an Opportunity, and populates that Opportunity on matching volunteer profiles for easy sign-up.
You can create new levels and manage existing ones on the Experience Levels page, located in the Admin interface.
Access the Experience Levels page
- Click Admin in the Webmaster Links menu.
- Click Admin.
- Select Experience Levels from the Volunteer > Settings menu.
Manage Experience Levels
The relative organizational value of a volunteer activity may differ based on experience required or skills applied. You can take these attributes into account by setting up a tier system of Experience Levels, which offer two inputs to quantify an Opportunity's relative value:
- The Skills Multiplier determines the points earned for participating,
- While the Hourly Rate quantifies (in dollars) the financial benefit of an hour’s service at that Experience Level.
On the Experience Levels page, you can edit and delete any existing levels, and create new ones, if needed.
Create an Experience Level
- Click Add.
- Enter the desired Skills Multiplier and Hourly Rate.
- Determine whether the Experience Level is active, whether it's the default, and whether it's available to Community Admins.
Customize your Experience Levels so they makes sense to volunteers and are accurate in terms of calculating ROI. As Opportunities are created, Volunteer Manager begins calculating their ROI. For this to be a useful statistic, make sure to update the hourly rate for your industry according to the experience levels.