To create and manage ads to display on the pages across your community site (and any microsites):
- Click the gear icon to expand the Webmaster Links menu.
- Click Ads.
At the top of the page are two tabs, each corresponding to the two types of ads you can create:
NOTE: Site Admins cannot create Cross-site ads.
- Site Ads - These ads are unique to the site they're added to, making them ideal if you want to run specific ads on specific sites.
- Cross-site Ads - These ads display on your main community site and ALL microsites, making them ideal if you have ads you want to run across ALL your sites. Cross-site ads are only available if your organization licenses the Microsites module.
Creating an Ad
- Click the appropriate tab to create a Site or Cross-site ad.
NOTE: Cross-site ads are only available if your organization licenses the Microsites module.
- Click Create New Ad.
NOTE: It's possible to integrate an external ad-management service, like AdJuggler, on this page. If you're interested in this feature, create a case.
- If uploading an image: (a) Select the area of a page to display the ad from the Type of Ad menu (recommended image dimensions for each location are provided), (b) give your ad a name, (c) enter the URL where you want users taken if they click the ad (or leave it blank for a static ad), and (d) click Choose File to browse for the desired image on your computer or network.
- If using a third-party service: (a) Select the area of a page to display the ad from the Type of Ad menu (recommended image dimensions for each location are provided), (b) give your ad a name, and (c) paste the code provided by the ad service.
- Determine the ad's order. Ads with a lower number will appear in the more prominent location (above or to the left) relative to other ads with the same Type of Ad location. Your order numbers don't need to be consecutive; the recommended best-practice is to leave gaps between ads so it's easier to fit future ads into an available slot.
- Click Save to make the ad live on your site at the selected page location.
Deleting an Ad
The only way to remove an ad from your site is to delete it.
To do so:
- Toggle its Delete? option to Yes.
- Click Delete Selected at the bottom of the page.
Where do ads display?
Website ads can display either on a site's Home page or subsequent interior pages, like the All Communities, Member Directory, and various Browse pages.
NOTE: Unlike Home page ads, which only display on the Home page, Interior ads display on all applicable interior pages across your community site.
When creating a website ad, select its location from the Type of Ad menu:
To help you visualize each of these options, let's look at examples for each below.
Home Page Examples
Interior Page Examples