Curious about what Marketing Automation Enterprise updates are scheduled for release in the near future? If so, you've come to the right place.
Advanced Image Editor
NOTE: The updated Advanced Image Editor was released in June 2019, and is available now.
The Advanced Image Editor enables you to change the appearance of the images that you insert into your templates and include in your messages. The editor offers a range of editing features that you can use to manipulate your images, helping you add a touch of professional quality to your email messages.
Accessing the Image Editor
There are two ways to access the Advanced Image Editor.
- When editing either a message or a template, add an image zone or select an existing image and click Edit. Then, click Edit as Copy, followed by Use Advanced Editor in the pop-up.
- From the new Image Manager, select an image and then click Edit > Use advanced editor.
The Image Editor interface has three primary sections:
The features menu on the left is where you select a feature set. Hover anywhere in this column and the fly-out panel displays the feature set names. Click one to select it.
When a feature set is selected, its title and associated options are displayed here, in the palette. Many feature sets include more options than can be displayed at once, so use the scroll bar to access any additional options.
The canvas is your image-editing work space. All changes made via the features are shown in real time on the canvas.
At the top of the canvas are several universal controls and options that remain in place, irrespective of which feature set is in use:
- On the left are the undo and redo controls.
- The number in the center is the size-percentage of the image on the canvas, in relation to the actual size. Use the minus (–) and plus (+) controls to re-size the image (i.e., zoom out and zoom in) on the canvas. Zooming does not alter the size of the image file; it only changes your perspective.
The minus (–) and plus (+) controls do not decrement and increment the image by 1% or 10% with each click; there are preset display percentages.
TIP: You can "zoom" to more than 100% to isolate an area of the image for more detailed editing. If the image is larger than the canvas, use the "cross hairs" to drag the image left, right, up, and down to the area that you want to focus on.
- Click Save to preserve any changes that you make (saving immediately creates a new copy of the original image file).
- Click Close to close the image editor. If you have not saved your changes, you can either discard them (click OK) or return to the canvas and save your changes (click Cancel).
NOTE: See Advanced Image Editor for even more information about the updated Advanced Image Editor, including editing images using its various feature sets.