This section explains how you can view various details about the dynamic synchronization between your membership database/AMS and your Higher Logic site.
Access Data Sync Pages
- Click Admin in the Webmaster Links menu.
- Click Admin.
- Access the desired page from the Data Sync menu.
Data Sync Pages
Use the Tools > Data Sync pop-out menu to access:
- Account Requests
- Contact Changes
- Import Contacts
- Import Contact History
- Update Legacy Contact Keys
- Refresh Multiple Users
- Sync External Database
Requests to create user accounts can be disabled, automatically approved, or require admin approval. On this page, you can search for and manage new account requests requiring admin approval, and even assign these new users to a Security Group.
You can also disable or delete Approved accounts.
NOTE: Deleting a user's account also permanently removes the content they've contributed to your site (e.g., Discussion posts, blog articles). In some cases, it may be better to disable their account to remove their access but keep their content.
Occasionally, you may need to update data for individual users. For nearly all Higher Logic clients, this is accomplished within the AMS or user spreadsheet. You should use this page per the directions provided at your initial site implementation.
Use this feature per the directions provided during your initial site implementation. Data included in an imported file will replace ALL data previously imported. Because of this, it's very important that ALL data you want in the Higher Logic system is included in the import file. The only exception to this is when using the option Contains only some user records and will only add to or replace previously imported user data when importing contacts.
NOTE: Import files must be in .csv format. If you have any questions about this process, contact your Implementation Project Manager or our Support Team.
Import Contact History
This page provides details about your imported data, by date, including who uploaded the import file, the file's name, any notes, and any errors.
Update Legacy Contact Keys
You can update legacy contact keys by uploading a two-column spreadsheet (.xls) or comma-separated values (.csv) file. Provide the current key in the first column and the replacement key in the second. A summary of the data will be shown below, including any invalid data.
NOTE: The data file must be two columns (don't include header names).
Refresh Multiple Users
Here, you can manually refresh member Contact Keys by entering them in the text field one per line.
Sync External Database
On this page, you can:
- See any pending contact refreshes, your various refresh schedules, and each schedules last run date. This information allows you to check on the dynamic sync between your member database/AMS and your Higher Logic site. Typically, the Periodic Refresh Schedule is the information you'll want to pay attention to (it generally runs every 30 minutes).
- Manually refresh an individual member's record before the next scheduled periodic refresh by entering either their (depending on your back-end database) Member ID, email address, or Contact Key. (You can find a user's Contact Key on the Admin tab of their Profile.) Note that once your data sync is running, you shouldn’t need to constantly perform manual member refreshes to see changes to the records. If you do, or suspect any issues with your data sync, contact your Implementation Project Manager or the Client Support team.
- Here, you can view details about recent member refreshes, including whether they were successful.
- Refresh an entire community's members.
- Refresh all members belonging to the specified Security Group.
- View the history for any of these member refresh processes.