If you have to update Aptify to keep up with new functionality and features, it's imperative you notify the Higher Logic Integrations team so they can give you the installation instructions, as well as your AuthToken and Mail User ID, two of the credentials necessary for an upgrade.
The integration installation requires the following details in the configuration file:
- BaseUri (this is the URL for the service; it must use a valid SSL certificate)
- Mail User ID
The connection strings are encrypted when the installation was completed via the installer tool. However, this connection string does require:
- Add name
- Data Source
- Network Library
- Initial Catalog
- User ID
If any of these values change, you must either:
- Reinstall the installation package (5—10 minutes) OR...
- Use the decryption tool to update the values (15—30 minutes)
Where to install the Thrive Marketing Enterprise integration
Wherever the integration is installed, the following must be met:
- Aptify version: 4.5 or higher
- Completion of the implementation documentation
- A valid SSL certificate
- A web server with .NET 4.0 framework installed
- The ability for Higher Logic Thrive Marketing Enterprise (Thrive Marketing Enterprise) IP addresses to reach the machine
Thrive Marketing Enterprise IP addresses
This information can be found in the installation documentation.
- Make sure that Thrive Marketing Enterprise IP addresses aren't blocked.
Halting integration services
Prior to the upgrade, Thrive Marketing Enterprise can disable tracking and then re-enable it when the upgrade is completed. It's important that you provide Higher Logic with a time frame for this upgrade; we can then monitor your Thrive Marketing Enterprise integration service, or temporarily disable your upload jobs.
NOTE: Some of these jobs may be connected to a Thrive Marketing Enterprise campaign, so it is recommended that any associated users be notified that there may be an impact to their campaign.