The Altai integration lets you leverage the abilities of Higher Logic Informz and Altai into a powerful email-marketing pairing for your campaigns and engagement efforts. Altai — an association management tool that is built on Microsoft Customer Relationship Management (CRM) — works alongside Informz by using a workflow in Altai to push CRM contacts into Informz. With these contacts in Informz, you can create new, precision target groups to power your mailings.
Altai uses workflow processes — which can be run manually or automatically — to send information (called Marketing Lists) to Informz. During the workflow process, Informz develops target groups from the Marketing Lists that it receives. Marketing Lists can be either static or dynamic. Learn more about Target Groups.
Altai has implemented a nightly job to automatically refresh the Marketing Lists, but you can also set the workflow process to run at preferred times. Additionally, Marketing Lists can be manually refreshed. Marketing Lists can be used in Informz Campaigns to better organize your communications to contacts and leads. A Campaign can have multiple Marketing Lists.
Create a Workflow Process
- Navigate to CRM > Processes > Settings.
- Click New and use the following settings:
- Process Name - Informz Upload
- Category - Workflow
- Entity - Marketing List
- Run this workflow in the Background - Checked
- Type - New Blank Process
- Click OK.
- In the Process Setup window, check the As an on-demand process box.
- Uncheck the Record is created box.
- Click Add Step and select Altai.Workflows.Informz.InterestBulkUpload.
- Set the following properties in the Properties window:
- Informz Brand ID - The brand ID assigned by Informz.
- Informz Brand Name - The brand name assigned by Informz.
- Informz User - The user name assigned by Informz.
- Informz Password - The password assigned by Informz.
- Informz Web Service URL - The URL to the Informz Service as assigned by Informz.
- Send Email Recipient - The email address you want to receive the upload success or failure message.
- ID Field Name - The CRM field schema name of the field that is used as the ID field in Informz (this is a special field required for upload).
- Email Field Name - The CRM field schema name of the field that is used for the email address in Informz (this is a special field that is required for upload).
- Import Field Names - A comma-separated list of CRM field schema names on the contact record that imports into Informz.
- Import Field Labels - A comma-separated list of labels in the same order as the Import Field Names that is used for the profile information form in Informz.
- Save and close the Properties window and activate the workflow.
- Navigate to Marketing > Marketing Lists and select a Marketing List to send to Informz.
- Click the Menu icon and click Run Workflow.
- Select the on-demand workflow you created for the integration and click Add.
- Click OK.