The Communications Professional for Aptify integration provides an effective way to harness the strengths of Aptify and Communications Professional for effective and efficient eMarketing campaigns. Communications Professional provides valuable deliverability services, advanced reporting, and campaign consultation.
The integration centers on the use of campaigns in Aptify as the source of email addresses for Communications Professional mailings. An Aptify campaign also receives the mailing information sent from Communications Professional as part of the writebacks provided with the integration.
The Communications Professional for Aptify integration delivers the following functionality:
- Retrieve a list of campaign prospect list views from Aptify.
- Sync target groups, which includes Aptify campaign prospect list view details and counts.
- Use Aptify fields for personalization of Communications Professional mailings.
- Perform unsubscribe and resubscribe writebacks.
- Writeback sent and opened mailing activity.
Aptify users create campaign lists populated with email recipients. These lists are automatically refreshed on a nightly basis by a process flow in Aptify. Additionally, a list can be manually refreshed at any time using the Aptify UI.
Communications Professional integrates with Aptify versions 5.52 and above.
Aptify can be accessed using Aptify Web (browser-based client) and AptifySmart Client (desktop client). AptifySmart Client is accessed using remote desktop (RDP). The web client is used with Google’s Chrome browser.
NOTE: Some Aptify administrator-level features are not available on Aptify Web because it is more end-user focused.
Also make sure that all of the required integration components have been installed in Aptify for the Communications Professional integration. Consult the Aptify Communications Professional Integration Installation Guide for full details.
Aptify has built-in email functionality as part of its baseline product. This can be used to send a mailing to a single contact or to a list. These mailings can either be marketing oriented or transactional (e.g., an acknowledgment of a purchase or an event registration). This functionality remains enabled in Aptify.
To create mailings for the integration, you must use Communications Professional to create templates, to test and send mailings, and to view reports on subscribers and mailings.
Synchronize (aka "sync”) is the term used to describe the process where Communications Professional receives information from Aptify. There are two types of syncs used in the Communications Professional for Aptify integration:
- Retrieving the list of Aptify campaign prospect list view.
- Retrieving the subscribers for a campaign prospect list view from Aptify.
There are four events that trigger a sync between Communications Professional and Aptify. These occur when a user:
- Clicks Refresh Target Group List for an Aptify Target Group.
- Clicks Refresh Target Group List on the Bridge Configuration page.
- Selects the Info menu option on the Target Group List page.
- Sends a mailing to an Aptify Target Group.
Retrieve Active Campaign Prospect List Views
This process retrieves all active campaign prospect list views from Aptify (it retrieves all customer records from Aptify for the specific campaign prospect list view).
- Navigate to Subscribers > Target Groups. (Alternatively, navigate to Admin > Setup > Bridge Configuration to access the configuration page’s Refresh Target Group List button.)
- Click Refresh Target Group List to request the campaign prospect list views from Aptify.
- Retrieving all active campaign prospect lists from Aptify does not update the counts for a specific target group. To update the counts, hover over the Menu icon for a target group and select Info.
- Click Info to display a list of subscribers. Each subscriber has a Remote ID, which corresponds directly to the Aptify Person ID. Understanding this connection can be helpful to ensure that you are looking at the correct person record in Communications Professional.
When syncing, be mindful of the timing of your schedule tasks within Aptify. If the schedule task has not run, syncing in Communications Professional will not alter the subscribers in the target group.
Communications Professional Folders
Newly created campaign prospect list views that come into Communications Professional as Target Groups are placed in the Aptify folder in Communications Professional. These target groups can be moved to different folders.