The Higher Logic Informz for Aptify integration provides an effective way to harness the strengths of Aptify and Informz for effective and efficient eMarketing campaigns. Informz provides valuable deliverability services, advanced reporting, and campaign consultation.
The integration centers on the use of campaigns in Aptify as the source of email addresses for Informz mailings. An Aptify campaign also receives the mailing information sent from Informz as part of the writebacks provided with the integration.
NOTE: Informz integrates with Aptify versions 5.52 and above.
The Informz for Aptify integration:
- Retrieves a list of campaign prospect list views from Aptify.
- Synchronizes target groups, which includes Aptify campaign prospect list view details and counts.
- Uses Aptify fields for personalization of Informz mailings.
- Performs unsubscribe and resubscribe writebacks.
- Writes back sent and opened mailing activity.
Aptify users create campaign lists populated with email recipients. These lists are automatically refreshed nightly by a process flow in Aptify. Additionally, a list can be manually refreshed using the Aptify UI.
Aptify can be accessed using Aptify Web (browser-based client) and Aptify Smart Client (desktop client). Aptify Smart Client is accessed using remote desktop (RDP). The web client is used with Google's Chrome browser.
NOTE: Some Aptify administrator-level features are not available on Aptify Web because it is more end-user focused.
Also make sure that all of the required integration components have been installed in Aptify for the Informz integration. Consult the Aptify Informz Integration Installation Guide for full details.
HTML reserved characters should not be used in a user password. These include:
- quotation marks ( " )
- apostrophe ( ' )
- ampersand (&),
- less-than symbol (<)
- greater-than symbol (>)
IMPORTANT: The password must be less than 10 characters. Longer passwords will cause the Aptify authentication flow to fail.
Aptify has built-in email functionality as part of its baseline product. This can be used to send a mailing to a single contact or to a list. These mailings can either be marketing oriented or transactional (e.g., an acknowledgment of a purchase or an event registration). This functionality remains enabled in Aptify.
To create mailings for the integration, you must use Informz to create templates, to test and send mailings, and to view reports on subscribers and mailings.
Synchronize ("sync”) is the term used to describe the process where Informz receives information from Aptify. There are two types of syncs used in this integration:
- Retrieving the list of Aptify campaign prospect list view.
- Retrieving the subscribers for a campaign prospect list view from Aptify.
There are four events that trigger a sync in this integration:
- Clicks Refresh Target Group List for an Aptify Target Group.
- Clicks Refresh Target Group List on the Bridge Configuration page.
- Selects the Info menu option on the Target Group List page.
- Sends a mailing to an Aptify Target Group.
Retrieve active campaign prospect list views
This process retrieves all active campaign prospect list views from Aptify (it retrieves all customer records from Aptify for the specific campaign prospect list view).
- Navigate to Subscribers > Target Groups. (Alternatively, navigate to Admin > Setup > Bridge Configuration to access the configuration page’s Refresh Target Group List button.)
- Click Refresh Target Group List to request the campaign prospect list views from Aptify.
- Retrieving all active campaign prospect lists from Aptify does not update the counts for a specific target group. To update the counts, hover over the Menu icon for a target group and select Info.
- Click Info to display a list of subscribers. Each subscriber has a Remote ID, which corresponds directly to the Aptify Person ID. Understanding this connection can be helpful to ensure that you are looking at the correct person record in Informz.
When syncing, be mindful of the timing of your schedule tasks within Aptify. If the schedule task has not run, syncing in Informz will not alter the subscribers in the target group.
Newly created campaign prospect list views that come into Informz as Target Groups are placed in the Aptify folder in Informz. These target groups can be moved to different folders.