The Communications Professional for Association Anywhere integration provides an effective way to harness the strengths of Association Anywhere and Communications Professional for effective and efficient eMarketing campaigns. Using Communications Professional provides valuable deliverability services, advanced reporting, and campaign consultation.
The integration delivers the following functionality:
- Retrieve a list of distribution lists from Association Anywhere.
- Sync target groups, which include Association Anywhere distribution list details and counts.
- Use Association Anywhere fields for personalization of Communications Professional mailings.
- Perform unsubscribe and resubscribe writebacks.
Note that if ASM is in use, additional coordination is required with ACGI to ensure that permissions and security groups work in conjunction with the distribution lists used for the integration.
Association Anywhere has built-in email functionality as part of its baseline product.
This can be used to send a mailing to a single contact or a list. These mailings can either be marketing-oriented or transactional (e.g., an acknowledgement of a purchase or an event registration).
This functionality remains enabled in Association Anywhere.
Selecting a target group is how to connect a particular list of subscribers to a mailing or mailing story. This is where you leverage the power of the distribution list data coming from Association Anywhere and then synced with Communications Professional.
- Navigate to Mailings > View > In Progress and either select or create a mailing.
- Click the To field in the envelope section of the Set-Up tab.
- Select Select the Target Group for the entire mailing.
- Click the Folder dropdown list and select the location of the target group. Usually this will be the Association Anywhere folder, but these can come from any folder you've created in Communications Professional.
- Click the Target dropdown list and select the target group.
- Click Update to complete the selection.
Return to the Set-Up tab and you will see the target group you selected in the To field.
If you are planning to target individual stories within a mailing to specific segments, use the Specify the Target Group for each Story option in the dialogue above. You'll perform the same select process for the target group but you'll do it within the story itself.
Creating Distribution Lists with well-defined criteria and easily understood names will prepare your eMarketing team with the tools they need to be successful. Getting the right content to the right people doesn't take that much more work compared to blasting away (shudder to think) at your subscribers. The better the list, the better the results.
A subscriber’s preferences are managed using standard Association Anywhere functionality. The Communications Professional opt-out link is mapped to the Association Anywhere Update Customer Contact Preference page.
The subscriber is required to log in to Association Anywhere to manage his or her preferences. The URL to point to this Association Anywhere page is found on the System Settings page in Communications Professional.
Verify the Distribution List Categories
It's important to organize your distribution lists in Association Anywhere in order for the integration to pull in the right information. You can verify that a distribution list is properly set up for this.
- In Association Anywhere, open the Distribution List that you are not seeing in Communications Professional.
- Check that the category/subcategory is set to External System/Informz.
- Run a test of the list in Association Anywhere, using the subcategory Informz.
These are the individuals that will be in the Communications Professional target group.
Check the Connection
Making sure that the connection between Informz and Association Anywhere is working is paramount. If you think that there may be some problems afoot, do a quick and easy check using Check Connection — the Informz tool to verify the communications between Informz and Association Anywhere.
- Navigate to Admin > Setup > Bridge Configuration.
- Click Check Connection.