Data Sources are administrator tools in Higher Logic. They can be associated with groups, making it easier to sort and organize them. The Informz for Higher Logic integration specifically uses the List data source to provide lists of email addresses.
NOTE: All other data sources alter data in Higher Logic itself and should not be used for the integration.
Before You Begin
There are a few things to consider before creating data sources:
- Only Higher Logic Administrators have permission to create data sources. If you need these permissions, contact your Higher Logic Administrator.
- Data sources can include multiple criteria to define a list. Always take some time to analyze the behavior you are trying to identify. Think through these criteria to understand how they factor into your goal.
- Higher Logic data sources become target groups in Informz. Keep this in mind when you name them, and use names that you'll easily recognize.
Each data source must begin with the text "Informz." This lets the Informz for Higher Logic integration differentiate between lists that are intended for Informz and those intended for other reasons.
Create a Data Source
- Navigate to the Higher Logic Admin page.
- Navigate to Tools > Data Sources.
- On the new page, click New Data Source.
- Click the first dropdown list and select Create a List Of.
- Click the Select Query dropdown and select the choice that best matches the member behavior that you want to target. For example, if you are building a list based on member posting, scroll to the Post heading and select an item.
- Click Add and provide any values you're prompted for.
You can repeat steps 3 through 6 to create more data sources.
- Click Save to save the new data source and return to the main list of data sources.
Here you'll find troubleshooting questions for two problems that might occur with your integration. If you run into issues with your Informz for Higher Logic integration, review these questions first, they'll help diagnose your issue and might even guide you to a solution.
Automation Rules are Not Appearing in Informz
- Is the rule type a Create a List Of for your automation rule?
- Does the automation rule name begin with the text "Informz?"
- Did you click Refresh Target Group List in Informz to force a refresh?
- Are you looking in the correct target group folder? (This can be set on the Online Community Integration Setup page).
Subscriber Counts are Different in Informz and Higher Logic
There are several reasons that your subscriber counts might be different:
- Are there corresponding subscriber records in Informz?
- Are the members unsubscribed, as subscribers, in Informz?
- Does the member have a malformed ("bad") email address? (e.g., admin@@iamap.org - note the two "@" symbols)
- Are there duplicate email addresses in Higher Logic?
If your answers to the questions above don't help you with a solution, please create a case.