Communications Professional sends data to MemberSuite. This writeback process ensures that data is consistent in and between the two databases.
NOTE: Only messages that have been published within the past 90 days will be written back. Communications Professional saves the individual subscriber activity for each mailing for only 90 days.
Writebacks are managed from the Bridge Configuration page. To access this page, navigate to:
- MD1 and MD2: Admin > Setup > Bridge Configuration
- New Admin Experience: Settings > Setup > Bridge Configuration (Only UPI)
In the Writebacks section of the Bridge Configuration page, you can access the:
- Writebacks Settings page to configure the writeback schedule and the
- Writebacks List page to view all pending, completed, and failed writebacks.
On the Writeback Settings page:
- Check the Enable Mailing Activity Writeback box to enable the writeback feature.
NOTE: This controls mailing activity-based writebacks (deliveries, opens, clicks) only; it does not affect unsubscribe and resubscribe writebacks.
- Sent and Opened get checked automatically. You can uncheck these to exclude this data from the writeback.
- Check the boxes to include other writeback activities (described in the following table).
NOTE: There is no dependency between Sent and Opened and any of the individual writeback activities.
|Block||A message that has been blocked by the contact's anti-spam filter. The activity text displays the email address.|
|Bounce - Hard||A message that was not delivered because the domain does not exist or it does not have a mail service, or the email address does not exist in the domain. The activity text displays the email address.|
|Bounce - Repeat||A message that was not delivered because the email address had four consecutive hard bounces or seven consecutive hard or soft bounces. The activity text displays the email address.|
|Bounce - Soft||A message that was not delivered because the mail server was down or otherwise not accepting mail at the time, or the contact's mailbox was full. The activity text displays the email address and the number of times it has bounced.|
|Click - Advertisements||Advertisements in the message that were clicked. The activity text shows the name of the advertisement and the page URL.|
|Click - Hyperlinks||Links in the message that were clicked. The activity text displays the link URL.|
|Click - Unsubscribe||An email address that has unsubscribed from future email messages. The activity text shows the unsubscribe date and reason, if available.|
|Social Share||Shows that the message was shared to a social networking site. The activity text displays the site to which the content was shared.|
|Social Share - Click||Shows that a message that had been shared by the contact was clicked. The activity text displays the site on which the click occurred.|
You can choose when the writebacks occur. Remember, only the past 90 days of mailing-activity details get written back.
- Manual Only - When an account admin manually initiates a writeback operation.
- Automatic - Select how many days to wait before writing back the activity. The default is 5 days.
If the Manual Only option is selected, you can write mailing-activity data to MemberSuite for individual mailings.
- MD1 and MD2: Mailing icon > View > Sent tab > mailing hover menu > Send Activity
Disable Writebacks for individual mailing
When the Writeback feature is enabled, you can exempt an individual mailing from having its activity data automatically written back to MemberSuite.
This is done from the Set-up tab in MD1 and MD2 or from the Schedule/Publishing Options page for Quickmails.
NOTE: This single-mailing exemption applies only to the automatic writeback option. The activity of these mailings can be manually written to MemberSuite.